Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Is it ok with no chin protection?

Well it’s more dangerous to your chin.

It’s the helmet I use the most but I also am rather cautious.

2 Likes

That is for bldc. For foc the above statement remains accurate

On most london roads/alleys the right speed to hover at is around 30-38km/hr which means around 17-21mph
At these speeds you need to be able to stop faster than a car or you will hit stuff and it will scrape you badly

When you go on main roads that goes up to 45~55km/hr (30-35mph). Traffic flows better but it gets boring if you’re not actually travelling to somewhere…

There is no road besides circular and other highways where you can go over 40mph on an esk8 unfortunately. I mean you can touch that speed anywhere, but in 60 seconds you already passed 4 types of asphalt and over 20 council road “repairs” that may or may not make your trucks banana shaped

Edit: and the season special, salted roads… more precisely the effect on salt over some types of asphalt used to patch holes… seen some potholes that would swallow an entire can of monster standing upright and you wouldn’t see it from a few meters away

4 Likes

So, thus far , I’ve had two of my three sk8 6374 192 kv motors’ hall sensors fail. I either need to find a way to fix the sensors, replace them, or move on and get new motors.

What say ye?

Really don’t think I’m feeling HFI because people seem to have a lot issues with it.

1 Like

I’ve been saying for years that sensors are usually the first part of a motor to fail, and if you want to ride more and repair less, then simply don’t use them.

Other brands are plagued by sensor failures as well. They’re the most fragile part of a BLDC skate motor.

this is why we suggest HFI

1 Like

Can you actually utilize all of your motors potential with HFI? It seems limiting to me

I’m skating while you’re repairing shit.

Seems like a good deal to me. :crazy_face:

If you want to average those speeds expect shit range!! My range halves when averaging speeds like this. 12s5p 40T on 110mm TBs 4wd I’ll get maybe 16km (10 miles).

2 Likes

yeah i do
got an 18ah and will be upgrading soon to a bigger battery and im very light and there arent huge hills in my area so maybe expecting 10-20 miles

got a seperate board im building with thane and for lower speeds which im hope to get huge range from

True. I just don’t want to lose performance. I’m going to send one of the motors back to hobbyking. And in the meantime I guess I’ll play with HFI.

Did you notice any change in performance after having moved to HFI?

I’m going to have to give it a try

1 Like

Anyone got an EVO or dimensions of the tail on one?

1 Like

i was reading @bigboytoys 100 mile thread on the old forum and he discussed the idea of 4wd being more efficient then 2wd
is this true? and also how much are we talking in efficiency?

this works for pnummies, rite?

3 Likes

In theory you can spread out the amps in more motors and reduce heat losses, so if you plan on riding a 4wd board at the power of a 2wd

…in practice, you got 4 motors, you know… you will bump those amps and quicker acceleration will be terribly inefficient.

Soo, yeah, unless you’re used to riding 30A hubs and don’t like anything more, your consumption/km will actually increase

3 Likes

I actually bought this last week but never got around to applying any. It should be good for really small holes, forever, and bigger ones until you get home, provided you have a pump on hand

3 Likes

I thought slime was used to slick inner tube/tyre friction so that the tubes don’t wear out so fast…maybe I misunderstood what slime is used for?

Lmao no you put it inside the tube and then if a hole gets poked through, the slime fills it in with the air pressure

3 Likes

Hahah, glad I asked lol, it’s arriving today and I was ready to lather up literally everything
(Kind I’d wish I hadn’t asked now lol)

2 Likes

You’re also going to need a valve remover :+1:

1 Like