Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Tried the good old swap to the other side?

What are the odds of this fitting a bergmeister adapter?
mid-primo_light_side

1 Like

Not yet. I need to desolder and repin one side

1 Like

Do you know how i can increase duty cycle before running sensor detection?

Can’t. It needs that super slow speed when you do it for foc

I believe someone had the same issue I did and changed duty cycle from something like .05 to .07 and it worked

The hall sensor part numbers would save me haha

Unlikely

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been inspecting after a few miles each day I’ve had a chance. Heard some cracking noise and see some movement forward and backward potentially. Add some neoprene in-between them. So just see what other options I should do.

This is gonna sound really stupid but…

I love skating and wanna keep safe so I usually just wear a standard bike helmet (which I use also for my cycling) and that gets me by

I have been reading a bit and when hearing about @bigboytoys passing away due to the lack of a helmet and made me think maybe I should invest in something a bit better (wanna spend no more then like 200)

Thing Is I don’t like full face helmets like tsg I find them heavy and clunky and just annoying so I want something like a bike helmet but which will actually protect me in case of a crash. Is there such an option?

Also the rest of my protective clothing Is a pair of cycling gloves and jeans and a coat/jumper (sweater)
For basic protective gear what is the best gonna get the gloves but is something like a lazy rolling jacket necessary?

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Safety gear is preference. Helmet probably any moto cross or mount bike helmet would help. But are you targeting a build speed of 50mph? Get a DOT rated motorcycle helmet IMO.

If I we’re aiming for those speeds I’d be shoppibg motor cycle gear.

1 Like

How fast do you plan on riding? I think the general rule of thumb is if youre staying under 20mph a half face helmet will be okay, but faster than that (25-30+)and you might full face and more body armor

1 Like

So yeah in general I am gonna be hovering 40mph hopefully I will get 50 one day but not soon

What light weight helmet preferably with no visor can you recommend?

Wanted something lighter/cooler than a standard helmet, got this and now I use it 90% of the time.
Really light, flows a ton of a air, great quick disconnect magnetic buckle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075RQNPY5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

At those speeds I hope you’ll start wearing a properly fitting motorcycle helmet that’s either dot or snell certified, in addition to full body moto gear or some lazy rolling stuff

5 Likes

Looks awesome but that price tag…
Bit hefty but I guess better then spending 10grand on new teeth

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Wasn’t talking that high was think 100-200
Here I can buy that for £200 though so def gonna consider

I’d say second to not cheaping out on your battery/esc, is to not cheap out on your safety gear. I got my helmet for $110 iirc, though it’s a full face motorcycle helmet with a visor

2 Likes

So I really don’t like visor helmets but don’t mind the mtb ones if light
The one @tipsy linked looks perfect
If there similiar options a teeny bit cheaper even better

What lazyrolling stuff do you guys advise