Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Because the actual PPM signal is not sent over the air. It is generated in the receiver, with some math that involves an input number from the remote, and if it’s not hearing anything from the remote it uses the “default” number which is around 1.5. But the math isn’t perfect, so you have jitter. That’s the very simplified explanation.

10 Likes

You are me from the old forum.

You answer every question with patience and thought.(well apart from mikeee but fuck me) I did it for a year until it got to be a competition between me and Brian and Andy and Briman. It was fun but after a while it gets old. You have not let that happen and for that I salute you Ryan. You are a vertebrae in the back bone of this community.
Honoured member.

Good on you. Keep up the good work.

12 Likes

What would i do without you. Thanks!

5 Likes

No I am the firey one now with this title

1 Like

Wouldn’t you miss me?

Did anyone of you hear from dickyho in the past 5 days?
He didn’t answer anymore about an order…

Are the OG focboxes suppose to be flashing the red fault LED a few times when they get turned on?

2 Likes

My Jedboxes do it once on startup

3 Likes
1 Like

Any ideas on whats causing this.

Is it possible that parcelmonkey doesn’t like dhl? They only quote me the more expensive rates (40€ - unlimited) but not the 13.99€ tracked and insured option from dhl or even the less expensive ones

I don’t know but would take your wheels :slight_smile:

Tried rerunning detection and applying settings yet?

2 Likes

This does exist, but we hesitate to use it freely. A user can get locked at lower trust levels temporarily or permanently. We have used this a few times to keep a suspicious account from progressing further.

I’ve talked to @mikEEE about his posting methods already once, and I hope he pays attention to what you guys are taking great pains to articulate here.

6 Likes

i can’t say i’ve tried… i just pressed the flag button a few times

1 Like

Respectful user-to-user moderating is one of the primary goals of Discourse, so appreciate your efforts.

2 Likes

so apparently i had some weird glitch with that 6s BMS,
i changed it to a charge only that i had laying arround,
and i did my 10km without blinking on less than 70% off the battery

Sure this board has small thanes instead of pnumies and i don’t go half as fast as i usually ride on my main board, but i didn’t expect to get that much of a 6s2p

also it’s a funny feeling to ride electric on a short board, doesn’t feel really safe, but it’s fun,
it’s kind of like flying a quadcopter with and without the autostabilisation

Probably just measurement error. Maybe MCU is too busy to take the measurement at precisely the same time for every pulse. Remember it has lots of other code and interrupts that are being executed as well.

Hi how would I go about inverting ppm? I switched to a vx1 after an rc car remote, so my brain is still thinking pulling down is acceleration and pushing up is braking. I don’t feel like dying if I lose focus so any help would be greatly appreciated

Builders forum says i need to take apart the remote and swap wires- is that true?

First thing I would try is simply switching the numbers

So for example, instead of

Pulselength Start 1.0790ms
Pulselength End 1.9620ms
Pulselength Center 1.5920ms
Pulselength Deadband 7%

then try

Pulselength Start 1.9620ms
Pulselength End 1.0790ms
Pulselength Center 1.5920ms
Pulselength Deadband 7%

But of course use your own numbers instead. I don’t know if that will work…

1 Like