Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Anything that would cause this?

Also @BillGordon if you want to give me a smile, give me the old title “A secret mistery word like Llama” back :pensive:

1 Like

I don’t. I would, however, like you to read and search more.

5 Likes

Amen

Calibrate your PWM pulselengths.

1 Like

Could also be different positive and negative ramp times on either side.

1 Like

wow, is there any other alternative if I want it to run at default because that’s absurd

2 Likes

Again. I think that may have been a point regarding your lack of knowledge. Subtlety hidden in irony.

Jobs for Mikeee

1. look up irony
  2. read threads linked
  3. read more
  4. read till you stop

please.

5 Likes

well im no troll, what would you do if you were me ? and giving it a way for less that 300 usd isnt something im gonna do

yes but all I’ve got on that front is to either run them at brutal 40a or dedicate all my fukin time to dual boot Linux an shit or rip the motor apart and drill fukin holes in it, is this the consis cuz thats rather shit and im just hoping ther’s something els and also cuting the wire like didnt the enrtion boreds still have a throtle curve ? whitch makes me worried over heating even more

call me crazy if this all seems a bit much just to upgrade a remote

1 Like

I would read more. I would respect the people trying to help you by listening and I would then go away and try to fix my issue.

Thats what I would do but hey this is life and we are all different.

1 Like

@torqueboards since when do you charge a 75$ diagnosis fee for your batteries?

Look my friend we have been going round in circles for ages now.

I am not sure any of us really understand the issue anymore.
As far as I am aware you have a raptor 2 that has hot motors? Join the enertion club. Yes it can be sorted but only if you listen and take in what people are trying to say to you. Those motors run hot because enertion wanted the most powerful board blah blah blah.
It can not ever be that. The hub motors are flawed for that kind of performance. Yes they will run in Rspec but only for a few minutes. They will not do it forever without overheating. Thats why enertion are not around anymore. Sad but true. You bought a fucking board that won’t do what the manufacturer told you it would. I can get that thing running for you but do not expect the sun and the moon. I can give you an asteroid at best. Better than nothing.

3 Likes

Well, you can wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which fills up first. Raptor motors are WORTHLESS because they DO. NOT. WORK. Which is why NOBODY WANTS THEM.

I would throw those shitty ass overheating hub motors away, like we told you to multiple times, and buy some regular motors and mounts, and go belt drive. Like we told you to multiple times.

Well, one definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. In your case, expecting your hub motors to not overheat. So yeah, that’s pretty fuckin crazy.

5 Likes

And I am considered the firey one round here :laughing:. Ryan you have a friend in me.

4 Likes

Every day I wake up and convince myself I’m gonna stop smoking weed

Edit:

Says that in the middle of his work knock off joint

9 Likes

I’m pretty hard to annoy, but WHOOOO BOY when I finally do get started, you best sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

6 Likes

Kales pissed too.

6 Likes

You know the other forum is much much better for enershit support. Maybe take your tantrums there.

5 Likes

How can a ppm signal be jumpy if no signal is being sent/received?

Receiver is powered on, remote is off.

PPM signal jumps from 1.55 to 1.56 back and forth

2 Likes

Does it also happen with it on, maybe recalibrate and try changing the pulse timings.

1 Like

I’m ready to buy this kid some parts just to get my noob thread back.

It would be a cool forum feature if the mods could customize ability to post based on read time. You got someone who won’t read, lock them down. Lol

Hey @mikEEE it doesn’t take much research to realize the issues that you are having with raptor hubs are as common as white bread. I learned this before I ever joined this forum or bought a board. I hadn’t even considered an esk8 6 weeks ago, so the info is still out there. Simply put ENERTION HUBS=RUN AWAY.

They’re all telling you to read and you are clearly not. It’s disrespectful to their time spent helping you. To put it into perspective take a look at our stats comparison. I’ve been a member for 2/3 the time as you, but compare our read time. I’m still hesitant to ask questions until I’ve thoroughly researched the topic. I don’t like to seem ignorant but to each his own.

Not trying to flex read time on you because it’s also kind of sad that I don’t have anything better to do than learn about esk8. Full time job and kids have found my priorities reshuffled over the last six weeks. Lol.

7 Likes