Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

hoestly im just gonna do it, it needs to be done, and im sure its fine i just want it stock if it lasts a couple years great that was its purpose

Buy. New. Motors.

It doesn’t need to be done at all. Those motors won’t work better at higher temps.

Buy. New. Motors.

These will not last years, you’ll be lucky to get days with no limits.

Buy. New. Motors.

Using no limits firmware is very far from stock.

Buy. New. Motors.

Please read the words I have typed.

Then, read them again.

Then, print the words out, read them again, then shove the paper up the poop chute so they stay with your forever.

Buy. New. Motors.

3 Likes

well when they sell they sell, and the raptor wwas originally inteded to run at 60a soo ??

do u happen to know ? jesus im starting to feel like im gettin trolled

Hey Mike if you press the Pencil icon underneath one of your posts, you can edit the post and add extra text if you wish. This is a great way to keep adding info to your post without making multiple posts and clogging a thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

he’s been fairly focused on following jeff’s advice from days of old: https://electric-skateboard.builders/t/lets-talk-raptor-hubs-please/73682/23 and riding these motors till they break.
and he had some kind of config he liked before he wiped all his settings with a new remote and firmware update.

if gets there. then maybe he’ll be done for a while. or learn some other lessons on the way.

but @mikEEE learn a new posting style… you’re gonna end up blocked by everyone.
no multiple in a row.

1 Like

in the name of lord jesus

@mikEEE

5 Likes

Haha wow I can’t believe I never noticed your name! No my name’s actually August, kalesalad is my gamer tag, which makes me slightly uncomfortable now tbh :joy:

Is there a thread for the most Ironic reply?

5 Likes

My name is Kaleb, but very regularly get called Kale so I needed to see if someone exists with this name

2 Likes

Somebody put this in “Best replies 2020”. I’m about to get my 'bate on.

2 Likes

Is it true that using can bus on two 4.12 Flipsky or basically every 4.12 VESC with FOC will burn the DRV?

3 Likes

No.

5focs

2 Likes

Only if you power on one vesc only with both connected by can cable.

2 Likes

But FOC specifically won’t cause this behaviour. I think he meant running FOC on a 4.12

2 Likes

Yup. Good clarification.

1 Like

So, this kills them 100%? Other than that there are no risks by using can? Somehow, when running two VESCs individually with two receivers, the left one always is lagging behind…
Like it spins around 0.5 seconds later than the right wheel and somehow needs more throttle to even start turning sometimes when upside down and comparing, even though both have the exact same settings…

I don’t notice that while driving though! It just jumped into my eye when spinning the wheels in air.

It blows the can chips. You can take that chip out (at least this was true on my focboxes) and run them PWM.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

First, get a computer that runs Ubuntu or make a dual-boot setup to make it happen.

Next, learn to code.

Third, clone these repositories locally

Fourth, find the place where the hard limit is encoded, and change it to whatever you want

Fifth, recompile the tool and the firmware.

Sixth, assuming you’ve gotten this far, connect your ESC(s) and upload your custom firmware

If those instructions don’t take you at least 150 hours, you probably did it wrong. Stack Overflow is your friend. As is duckduckgo.

6 Likes