Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

HOLY SHIT 70MM WIDE FINALLY.

I fucking hate having to cut 6.2mm off of the 3in fishpaper on amazon.

2 Likes

any advice for using Velcro on my battery installed in a Hummie? I read at some point not to use too much otherwise you can’t get it off…but who knows, maybe more is betterer ?

Lol didn’t realise it was that hard to come across. :joy:

Mm what’s your pack looking like right now? Is it flexy at all? I’d apply it so that you have strips running their length along the direction you’d peel it out, for one

1 Like

It’s a 12s4p, a little flexy

@jack.luis here’s that product, but ships to USA

1 Like

Each bullet connector carries √2 / 2 of the total current.

So, current times 70%

2 Likes

Can somebody @ me? Wanna try something.

1 Like

@xsynatic

3 Likes

Damn, didn’t work. Thanks!

2 Likes

What motors/wheels are these?

1 Like

Not good ones :rofl:

1 Like

I think a couple of medium long strips along the length of the battery would suffice; I’d just make sure the velcro is strong, and err on the side of having too much than too little since you’re not likely to take the battery out all that often

1 Like

I’ve used epoxy to ‘water resist’ my deck with no issues so far. Not sure if you want to go this route, though. I’m also not sure how well epoxy keeps out water, but I don’t think it does a terrible job.

2 Likes

Also, anyone have good alternatives for screws on a top mount deck like this:

That isn’t countersunk? Countersunk sucks lol. I also need to be able to stand over them comfortably

Sorry for the spam :grimacing:

Have you ridden them? They’re probably better than standard hub thane

They have decent phase wire size too so I imagine their power is alright

1 Like

Maybe use Velcro straps instead of straight Velcro? Regular is hard to remove because batteries aren’t flexible, so you’re pulling against all the hooks instead of a few at a time. A strap would let you peel it off easily, while converting the force to shear force on the Velcro, which should be stronger.

1 Like

Countersunk does suck.

I just stand on them. Literally.

1 Like

Did you use round or pan head screws on Bigfoot?

I still feel like countersunk is the way to go for boards. I’ve got round heads on my regular board, and the heads are the first to get ground off whenever the board flips over, which makes replacing them even more annoying than it needs to be.

1 Like