Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

the BKB inward mount might fit, but BKB uses the caliber profile, not sure how perfectly they fit together.

3 Likes

Cheers @frame.b022. Yeah I fucked up and ordered the V7 mount but it’s huge and space is limited as it is for my short board build.

1 Like

the v7 mount is outward mount, but i guess it doesn’t work that well with a short board build

1 Like

I thought it could be an inward mount too but looks like I got that wrong as well haha. Anyway it’s way too big so my plans need to change :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thank you

I will be stocking about 100 meters roll
i can choose thickness as well but it looks like most the time only 0.2 available
i guess 70mm can always trim to 65 if needed :slight_smile:
is there any need for 100mm or 200mm
or 70mm seems to be sweat spot
thanks

2 Likes

@b264

For me 70mm is the preference but maybe for others it will vary :man_shrugging:t2:. Thickness’ would be interesting I’m assuming it would provide more insulation? Might be useful for using bellow series connections and or to bridge BMS cables. How much would you sell for ?

Hi all,

Is there anyone London, UK based that could rent/let me borrow their kweld/malectrics/decent-high spec spot welder for 0.2mm nickel (and lipos to use it)?

Ideally to use it in the next 2-3 weeks for a period of 1-2 weeks?

for the forum probably i could do 3 £/m
ebay or other platforms close to competition :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice sounds good!

Advice needed on where I should put the charging port and power switch please

1 Like

Did you see where I put mine on my hummie build? My charge port has not hit anything so far

1 Like

I would place those last, after everything else in your enclosure has it’s permanent home. That way you are not running into issues trying to fit things later.

4 Likes

These is the last step, everything is ready to go! :crossed_fingers:

Ok thanks! I’ll take a look :+1:

1 Like

That’s probably JST-PH connectors with 2mm pitch since that’s what Trampa (and most all other vesc’s) use

1 Like

yeah, ive had confirmation that it doesn’t work - too large

I haven’t really gotten the newer models.

Noob question for these trucks:

Do I need to add dampas in the springs or go for barrels? I took a test ride on these and it was very bouncy. It was very fun to ride, but I think these are missing something.

1 Like

I have springs and dampas on my channels (250lbs) and still too floppy, so everyone says to go barrels.

3 Likes