Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Im actually also curious how they wire the 4wd for exway atlas, either can bus or 1remote connect to both esc.

1 Like

Hobbywing remotes already have the ability to hook up to multiple ESCs, so I imagine it just hooks up to both. They likely pair it before leaving the factory.

Revel uses a customized Hobbywing and you can set up 4WD during the pairing mode

2 Likes

Revel is using hobbywing?? :eyes: I thought it would have been some in-house stuff. Can it be paired with other hobbywing remote? Or just theirs?

1 Like

No, it’s custom “hobbywing” it’s based on it, but not compatible with any other Hobbywing products and has extra functions

1 Like

I guess its also near impossible to swap out the esc then :joy:

1 Like

@Eskdiy might know this stuff. Affiliated with Ownboard.

I mean you can run it on different ESCs obviously but you’d need another remote too haha

Swapping out revel parts doesn’t really make sense though because of how its put together

1 Like

Who want to be our Affiliated? ownboard? eskdiy? youtuber ? blogger? Off-road models and the latest ownboard can also be ordered from eskdiy. Also support the Affiliate. We are a company with two different sites. Different development directions.

What gauge wire are y’all using for wiring up your accessories (lights, buzzers, etc.)? Particularly those who have high wattage lighting or power hungry accessories.

Curious if choice is driven mostly by size/flexibility concerns (small gauge wiring) or voltage drops (large gauge wiring). Thanks!

1 Like
  • 30AWG
  • 28AWG
  • 26AWG
  • 24AWG
  • 22AWG
  • 20AWG
  • 18AWG
  • 16AWG
  • 14AWG
  • 12AWG
  • 10AWG
  • 8AWG

0 voters

3 Likes

That’s actually what I did with my BF G2T…Well, its no longer a backfire product anymore, nothing of G2T remains now lol but yeah, I just like their form factor of just bolt on any deck and off I go, perfect for the short distance I need to travel to closest metro station for work.

1 Like

OMG…brilliant. Thank you. I completely forgot about polls.

2 Likes

do i want conductive or non conductive flux
also do i want liquid or paste for soldering silicone wire

You want flux that can be removed afterwards, regardless of whether it’s conductive or not.
“Rosin flux” is the kind you want, not acid.

I have both liquid and paste/solid flux, and I use the liquid much more often.

5 Likes

k thanks a lot
guess i will get liquid then

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Kester-83-1000-0186-Mildly-Activated-Lead-Bearing/dp/B005T8OR4I/
https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals-Corrosive-Conductive-Residue/dp/B08J1MSX8K

A flux pen, (liquid flux in a pen)
and a bottle of liquid flux.
You probably won’t need the bottle unless you do a lot of soldering. Just get the pen.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve just seen this https://trampaboards.com/canbus-cable-24-awg--silicon-yellowwhite--100mm--p-24330.html
But it doesn’t say whether it’s JST-MX … can you tell from looking at it? (For my maker x esc’s)

1 Like

Hi I’m trying to stock on fish-paper which is not so easily available in UK
out of all sizes which one would be the most desirable
I’m looking for the roll – so the questions is about width.
However any other suggestions most welcome

Much Obliged

2 Likes

@Grubzz I’ve got mine form Apex Customs which Is @Lee_Wright site. Also eBay sells it for like £10 for 5m.

Depending on cell size for me I went for 70mm width for 21700 cells.

Does anyone know if a TB6380 motor will fit the old TB 50mm motor mount? And if not, anyone know of a short motor mount that will? I currently have the TB 218mm trucks but considering going with the TB180mm trucks if the 50mm mounts can accommodate the 6380 motor. Or give me suggestions for other brand truck and motor mount options that will fit a TB6380 motor please?
Thanks all

2 Likes