Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

It’s a big sucker I can put the calipers on it tomorrow. Do you mean the motor nut or axel nut?

1 Like

How much space you working with (dimensions) your making me nervous with my build mate :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

4wd hummie? I will definetly need to see this (jealous because i want a 4wd now but don’t wanna change the thickness of mine)

1 Like

Right! I avoided any numbering since i don’t remember for sure what’s in there.
Happy to say that it’s seen quite the abuse from me and it’s holding up great
Just last week + yesterday:

2 Likes

yep wasted a ton of money on this
its widened metroboard wheels on 3d servisas hubs
3d servisas trucks with adjustable baseplates
210kv 6396 bioboards motors
3d servisas helical gear drive all around
spintend vescs and 12s6p 30t battery that im building now

hoping i wont have to route anything

1 Like

The axel nut please dude, ive measured it and the nominal thread size is 7.95mm. Unfortunatley I dont have any thread gauges or anything

Not off hand, but a set of these will sort you out:

2 Likes

12s4p molicel + trampa vesc 6 + 1xt90 upright takes just under 63cm. Default cutout is 59cm or 59.5, not too sure

2 Likes

Why not molicel or 40t’s?
30t will suck for range and the whole setup is way more overpowered that you can possibly handle (unless you geared for 140km/hr)

1 Like

geared for 60mph
30t because cheaper and more amps then either by 10
gonna add an extra range extender on top for longer journeys (probably another 12s5p of 50e)

1 Like

the whole purpose of this build

2 Likes

More sag-free amps sure, capacity is 25% less than the other alternatives for a minor cost saving. Extenders would need to basically slow charge your pack since connecting 2 very different cell types is not a good idea and getting them at the same voltage would be a nightmare anyway.
Also wear a damn motorcycle suit at 60mph lol

1 Like

I swapped mine with the fancy blue ones off my calibre trucks so in my case at least they are standard. There are 3 revisions of elofty I have ver. 2.

1 Like

Thanks I’m assuming that is with a flat stack appose to a double stack? I’m looking at 12S6P double straight stack 4WD as well with unities. Hoping to fit it all in 570mm length should be fine width. And I’m gunna use a big gasket for the height.

2 Likes

yep my dad just bought me full protection stuff doubt i will ever litterally ever reach 60 though

also slow charging the pack isnt an issue and if you look at the graphs they only sag towards the very end of their voltages

1 Like

Consider a double stack a 12s3p laid down in your enclosure. Plenty of space but you’ll likely have to have both unities on one side. Can’t say for sure

1 Like

Oh jesus.

I know these are the 58kv ones, if that means anything?

edit - nuts from my caliber trucks do not fit

edit 2 - fuck it ive just bought a set of thread gauges

3 Likes

Any cell sags, that’s not the issue, the capacity is. 18.000mAh vs 25.200mAh, both produce more amps than you can possibly handle. You will likely use 30t’s at 30A for decent performance and p42a’s at 25A. That’s 180A and 150A, both with reasonable sag, if not identical

I’m geared for 40mph at 100A battery discharge max btw, can’t say i found a place yet to max out the throttle for more than 5 seconds

1 Like

Also what are you going to use to transfer the energy from a reserve battery pack?

yeah i guess
however the whole purpose of this build is to be overpowered and stupid
further the p42a is out of stock on fogstar for 2 weeks
last thing is this baby is going to the alps with me this summer (if covid decides to end) and we have some pretty long mountains to climb

2 Likes