Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

We have some here, I’m about to list them this week on our site

One of them does fit, but id have to have 2 of them and solder their ends together? Does that sound right? but theyve only given me 1

yep, one connector for each esc

if you have a crimp tool just get a female JST-GH and crimp that on
if you don’t have a crimp tool, get a bunch of female 4 pin JST-GH and solder the wires together
if you don’t feel like soldering, get a JST-GH 4pin female-female cable, remove the two outer cables and swap the 2 middle ones so that CH goes to CH and CL to CL

or ali/ebay/wherever

1 Like

If I add an extra washer to space out my wheel for the motor, do I need to add a washer to every wheel to even it out?

cheers man, just ordered some…from china lol, only place apparently (ebay).
I dream of the day that folks include bluetooth and antispark built into the ESC ;-D

1 Like

i would say it doesn’t matter for just 1mm washer, but some might disagree :joy:
some of my board have more washer on one side than the other for belt alignment, and im still alive :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

xenith, 60d and 100d : lol wut?
:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

And spintend which is also hv

(i was ripping on Maker-X ;-D)

1 Like

@YUTW123 u know what to do now :smirk:

1 Like

I’ll just add one to each side to make myself feel better😂

1 Like

In all seriousness though, if the built in antispark would die, there is a good chance you would have to replace the whole vesc

My current favorite meter (I have two) is the Uni-T UT-210E. It does all the usual stuff, and also has an AC/DC clamp meter function so you can measure up to 100A non invasively (without disconnecting anything to out the meter in series.)

3 Likes

Speaking of anti spark, how can you tell when yours fails? Are they’re any noises? Will the board stop working?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the symptoms are that when you push the button, your board doesn’t turn on or off. Maybe also a visual inspection might reveal it also

so how wise is it, say, in a Unity/Xenith, to double-up with an extra Anti-spark? If one blows then you’ve then got the second one to protect your ESC from getting bricked…does this add up? Haven’t seen anyone do this in builds that use devices with built-in anti-sparks

1 Like

If you want to use an antispark, what you should do is bypass the one on the unity and use an external one. So the one on the unity would be “Always on”, and its the external who controls on and off. Im pretty confident ive seen a guide arround here on how to do that.

Edit: I cant find the guide so you should ask a big brain about this as im just telling you what i readed.

Board no longer turns off.

1 Like

Is it just me or are mt60 connected almost impossible to fit into each other?

I have to use some serious force but still can’t get them in. One of the bullets also backs out slightly.

2 Likes

They are pretty strong fitting I would say, but no clue why you cannot get these pieces together :man_shrugging:

2 Likes