Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Not sure if i trust them with mtb amps if one backs out after not even being fully inserted. What a shame.

1 Like

Dumb question, but have you correctly lined them up? There is only one way to get them together bc of the guide groove.

2 Likes

Yupp, made sure everything is lining up nicely.

1 Like

Yeah, was sure you did it right…mhhh…i would ask @b264 and @MysticalDork

1 Like

I’ll try pinching the prongs together to see if they fit better but the fact alone that some back out makes me kinda not wanting to use them. We’ll see.

2 Likes

And another issue. My moters are making a weird sound the faster they spin. Not sure why.

Edit: Its not the higer they get. When the motors are at max speed and i continue to push the throttle more (i.e more amps) them the sounds starts and gets progressively worse the more i give it. Top speed doesn’t change when the sound gets worse.

2 Likes

Did the pins melt and reset during soldering on the other side?

1 Like

They are unsoldered. I tried to connect them dry.

2 Likes

I want to add thermistors to unsensored motors. Is it as simple as connecting the thermistor to the temp and gnd ports on the vesc?

2 Likes

Are they both genuine connectors? I noticed my genuine and fake XT90s are ever so slightly different in dimensions, and while they both fit in each other, the fake ones are ever so slightly larger, and my caps and panel mounts are too tight on them.

3 Likes

First vid sounds odd.

Sounds pretty normal to me in the second vid. The Flipsky motors scream at 95% duty

Only thing weird is maybe some vibrations. Probably won’t hear it with the belts n stuff on

3 Likes

Yeah, seems like more of a weird resonance than a problem.

3 Likes

My motors have that too but this sound is different, the sound in the video is new.

They do it even when not mounted to the Motor mount.

I don’t know what i would compare it to, maybe the sound a motor makes if you throttle up but he can’t move?

4 Likes

This
Your esk8 is in a wooden table. Do the same test with it in concrete or a hard surface

2 Likes

so dum question but i am planning to do a 4wd with 2 vescs hooked up over can. is it important that they both get power at the same time or can i have one loop key for each one?.

my reason for asking is that i would simplify my wiring a great deal if i can loop key both sides rather than both at the same time

4 Likes

It definitely used to be that CAN devices needed to be powered on at exactly the same time. This is true for any 4xx hardware

Someone else can comment but I’m fairly sure this is still true

3 Likes

its always best to power on both / all vesc at the same time, no matter v4 or v6

3 Likes

that was my worry, ok will think of a new way to do the wiring. thanks both of you

edit.

ok ok so what if i ran a small wire (idk like 23awg) to power on both at the same time but still had two loop keys to do the heavy lifting

1 Like

Would it be possible to just buy the vx1 case/housing?

Got this one from the BMS thread. Is this still a good option for a 12s4p P42A battery?