Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Any recommendations on a 10s charger?
Thinking 5A or 6A for a 10s4p P42A pack.

I’ve seen the super cheap $26 YZPower charger and the pricier $100 Luna adjustable.

Im going to advise you run PPM over UART, it is a flipsky product and should be treated as such and from what I understand there are more protections on the PPM side of VESC firmware in cases of potentiometer failure among other things. If you’re at all capable with a soldering iron its a 10 minute operation.

2 Likes

Housing? For what?

receiver to vesc, no?

1 Like

I thought about running ppm but it seemed difficult so i just ran uart

Yes, are you talking about the housing for the pins on the vesc end?

1 Like

Yes, change to this if u want to use uart mode

3 Likes

why do i need to change the housing?

V4 is 7pin uart, V6 is 8pin uart, unless u r confident in matching the wires to pin with a mismatch plug type, or else i would highly recommend just swap to a 8pin housing

2 Likes

Oh, I just plugged it in anyways and it seemed to fit lol

2 Likes

7pin can plug directly into 8pin with no problem, just make sure the wires are going into the correct pins

3 Likes

Okay, so switch the tx and rx, and check the other pins, thanks

1 Like

Look on YouTube for changing JST pins. You pry a tiny piece of plastic up with a knife point and you can move the wires super easy.

2 Likes

how much is too much startup boost?

What’s this common semi flexible material called they use for moulding of USB plugs and other various connectors?

1 Like

You mean Sugru?

1 Like

have tourqboards 218 trucks, can somebody please tell me what size are the bearings are cant find my digi Vernier gauge
thank you

1 Like

the truck axle is 8mm, normally we use 608 bearing, but depending on what wheels / hub u have, it could change

thanks are they both the same front and rears?

most case front and back use the same size