Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Would you recommend trying different firmware? Or will that mess things up more?
Also, how long can i continue to ride on it😋 since it still spins up after a second or two.

1 Like

I mean it’s already dead, I tried flashing different firmware just to see and it did nothing at all so who knows

1 Like

Well bummer

1 Like

DRV error is a hardware error so changing the software won’t help. I did ask for the settings to see if maybe you were overdriving it, causing the faults — but it doesn’t look like it.

Need new or repaired hardware.

5 Likes

Thats what i was afraid of. Guess its back to waiting for another one

Can I use 2 different vescs in a single build

For example 4wd the front is spintend and the back is trampa?
Thanks

1 Like

Also same question about using 2 different gear drives with different ratios?
If I use different motor kv to create the same torque is it an issue

Looking forward to that. Just bought 2 for an awd build

Check this thread

2 Likes

read through it but still not quite sure what the answer is
was getting some mixed vibes in that thread

This happens when you have ‘pairing done’ set to true on the master, and then you try to forward that via can. Just set pairing done to false and you’re golden

2 Likes

Well, i dont have answers. That link was all I got :smiley:

1 Like

k thanks thats fine

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

any downsides and is canbus a no go between them?

if i want to buy a 1000$+ item from the US am i gonna be screwed with vat or is there anyway to get round it
thanks

1 single item? yea u pretty much screwed. if its multiple item, u might be able to get around it by asking the shipper to send it out with few packages and declair a lower value of them.

1 Like

in theory could split up
if i were to declare at like 300$ whats the chances of it getting lost

packages getting lost and getting taxed on item are 2 different things, u can still get taxed if the package arrived in ur country and lost during transit. value doesn’t matter either, i’ve seen an item valued of 300k USD getting lost during transit, shit can happen, its not about how much the item cost or value at.

1 Like

yeah im saying if i declare at a low value so i dont get taxed what are the chances of the packages getting lost?
is it a risk worth taking