Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

type faults into the terminal

What are your current settings for motor and battery?

Which ones? Under which tabs?

Screenshots of the Motor Settings / General / Current tab for each ESC

1 Like

Which ESCs?

2 Likes

Problem one

Good one

1 Like

MakerX

1 Like

Also whenever I try to detect anything I’m the problem ESC it flashes red and when I tried to do the forward and reverse to see if I need to invert it or not (i don’t) sometimes it flashes red sometimes it doesn’t

Edit: just discovered that if I hold the remote at Full Throttle, forward or backward, the problem side will spin up after a second or two.

If it is flashing red 3 times then pause then 3 times, that means DRV error.

It kind of sounds to me like broken sensor wires though. Are you running sensored motors?

Yep, flashing just like that. Unsensored.

1 Like

Daily. Mess with it as often as possible. It’s safer because your not riding as much. :joy:

1 Like

Which side is flashing just like that? Or is it both?

Obviously you posted a photo of the faults and it showed DRV, so you’re basically screwed. What were your current limits though?

I’d ask Yutw at MakerX if he can help you out, they’re pretty good about solving these kinds of issues. Depending on how much you rode it you may be able to get it replaced for just the cost of sending the broken one back. Worth a try.

1 Like

The slave side. It’s just weird because I put a lot of miles on it and then put it up for a week to go on a trip and I come back and it is acting up right away. I’ll try to get ahold of makerX and see what’s up. Thank you all for your time appreciate it

1 Like

So no way to mess with the DRV?

That’s super weird. What firmware were you running by chance?

Pretty hard to recover from these as far as I know the only way to fix it is replacing the chip(s) but maybe it’s worth trying to flash different firmware to see.

1 Like

Firmware 5.1

Hm okay and which MakerX esc is it?

Classic vesc4.
On the site is says firmware 3.50 but the tool is saying 5.1

I think depending on when it was sent out it will have different firmware. I had my Go-Foc retro flashed with 3.62

1 Like