Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yes, as long as both your chargers are putting out the same voltage, AND as long as your BMS/battery can handle the extra charge current.

1 Like

You can add the anti-spark of you want, but I wouldn’t bother if everything fits as it is, and this is just for a bench test.

If the lipo is any good I don’t see an issue running it at 10C, for a 1Ah lipo that would be 10A, giving you around 100W of power.
Not 100% sure how much power is needed for calibration but this should be enough.

Question to those who has a hoyt remote. What does the tuning button do. I tried it but I don’t really see the difference but some sound and vibration. Am I missing something here?

Used Blue Loctite on a motor pulley.
Removed grub screws, but pulley is still stuck on the motor. I don’t have a heat gun, best thing coming close is a hair dryer…

Please help me, how can I get it off? :confused::sob:

1 Like

Try a mini torch. That’s what i use for almost everything ESK8. You want to be quick as possible 'cuz you don’t want to heat the motor up too much, (hand test hot).

1 Like

Any non heat way? Would prefer to not buy a torch use it ^^
Won’t I get that heat with a hair dryer?

ircc that buttons is reserved for firmware update and other debugging use.

Probably not. You could always try though. The pulley will heat up much quicker than the motor. If you’re worried about the motor heating up you could always loosen the set screws on the back/bottom and pull the shaft out.
If you don’t want to buy a $10 mini torch, (though I would recommend it, they are really useful) you could always use the stove after you pull the shaft out​:grin::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks.

Does anyone know if the Eboosted Jet Spud enclosure (DS) absolutely needs the rubber gasket they recommend? Or am I better off coming up with my own?

I’m sure this is a dumb question, but are the max current ratings on motors referring to battery amps or motor amps?

Like for example on the TorqueBoards site, it says their 6380 motors have a “max amps” rating of 80. Does this mean that in the vesc software the max battery could be set to 80a or the max motor could be set to 80a? or does it refer to both

1 Like

u can use D-shape rubber stripe, they also work and easy to find in most places.

that’s the motor amps that u can safely go up to, in ideal situation, u can go even higher

Max battery amps is only about ur battery, cell type, series and p groups…etc

5 Likes

Maximum motor amps are determined by the specifics of your motor. Maximum battery amps are determined by the specifics of your battery. Hence why motor amps are called motor amps, and battery amps are called battery amps.

1 Like

The best non-heat way is to use a pulley puller (AKA a gear puller). But since you’re not wanting to spend money on a torch, something tells me you wouldn’t be super keen on spending money on a puller.
You can get ghetto with wedges and blocks, but you risk bending or breaking things if you’re not super careful and don’t know what you’re doing.

A hair dryer won’t get hot enough. You either need a heat gun (which is basically a hair dryer on steroids), or some form of fire. Either a torch, or a stove, or some other source of heat that can get the temperature above about 120-150 degrees C (~250-300 F)

4 Likes

Thank you so much!
I did it with a candlelight and it worked lol

2 Likes

Weighing 65kg with dual motors, should I go 15mm for the belts or will it just draw more power due to the extra friction?

15mm belts will have slightly more drag than thinner ones, but it shouldn’t be that significant.

I’d say you should be fine with 12mm, 9 is too skinny and 15 might be a little overkill on a dual.

15mm is great on a single drive, but the load is spread out more on a dual so it’s less of an issue.

You can also run out of space pretty fast with big motors and fat belts, unless you’ve got extra wide trucks.

yup that’s about what I figured - thanks for the answer!

1 Like

Another question: what would happen to a gear drive that had no cover for the gears?
would you worry about rock getting in there and ruining your day?
Or would the gears just be loud because they cant really be lubricated?

1 Like

I think @MoeStooge runs steel gears with no cover. Maybe dry even? I don’t know. Maybe he will answer.

1 Like