Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Reset the app wizard seems ok now

what at present is the best choice of deck for an offroad build that DOESNT have the battery on top, but has big batteyr options underneith. i was looking at the fluxmotion one, but would like to have a few more options to consider

Need to cut a motor shaft

I don’t have access to a dremel , angle grinder or lathe
Only a hacksaw which isn’t getting through any metal

Any suggestions please?

You can buy a ‘cheap’ dremel on amazon for £35. Then get some proper cut off disks, not expensive but another £10 maybe, havnt looked properly.

I’m about to cut my motor shafts and and so am buying the above more than likely. Depends if a machinist I’ve been in contact with would do it for cheaper :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah looking to buy a dremel
Gonna see if mum wants to sponsor though

That’s your best bet.

2 Likes

Hey guys, how do i get this front piece off the stator?

Im taking a look at reparing these ol scuffed motors i got from my boy @PixelatedPolyeurthan and yes he put silicone in the front, shame, shame!

Front needs to go off since i need to solder new wires to the windings.

1 Like

You mean which screen picture. motor app or both?

The axle on BLDC motors is often case-hardened. The outside layer is too hard for cutting, you need abrasives. So anything that’s abrasive — versus something that cuts.

A grinder, a dremel tool, sander: those will all work.

A saw, endmill: those will not work.

2 Likes

Often that piece has a cylinder of metal that goes inside the stator and is epoxied in there. So it’s likely you cannot remove that piece at all.

2 Likes

Yegh, i was afraid of this, you know any material that dissolves silicone and does not damage enamel? I have been looking for something to desolve silicone and i cannot find anything good.

Fingernail scraping usually works for me

Silicone seems very inert, I don’t know of anything that dissolves it.

2 Likes

ah he told me it was sikaflex291i

so basically its pu

edit: nvm its silicone ugh

Anyone know how I can get my pack to charge to 41.9 or 41.8 volts? My bms stops at 4.13 and I’m not sure why. Here are my settings (LLT bms):

1 Like

Can anyone tell me what bms this is? Its really large. Its on a 12s4p 40T pack. I’ve got a DavegaX coming and need to know what I’ve got here. Looks like the ground for the whole pack goes through it.16060777295141380239269953224533|690x388

Could these things, made for 1s, placed on top of every single p group, potentially completely replace a bms?

Yes. Please let me know if you find them.

To be clear, they won’t “replace” a BMS as they won’t shut off the charge port if the battery goes overvoltage, so there are some drawbacks.

But yes, it would keep the battery balanced and you could use them without any other BMS. They’d do the bare minumum.

1 Like

I’m more worried that they all potentially start producing heat at a fully charged pack and charger never shuts off. Probably still needs the minimal non-balancing bms to shut things down

1 Like

Or a float charger instead of a trickle charger.

But yeah, they wouldn’t be as good as a BMS.

But in other ways they could be better, like size and weight stuff.

1 Like

So, the bluetooth receiver from my remote stop responding, no lights nothing is it burned out. If so how does this happen?