Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

nice def gonna use them
looks awesome

gotta find an awesome pic now

1 Like

tell me more.

3 Likes

It’s how many times the motor spins for the wheel to spin one time. For bn gears seems to be 2.78 motor revolutions per one wheel revolution.

The higher the difference, the lower the speed and higher the torque (the power you feel).
There’s a middle ground for all of this, a safe bet might be to gear just over what top speed you plan on achieving. Let’s say gear for 50km/hr if you cruise at 30 and sometimes gun it at 40-45 for the adrenaline

2 Likes

Focbox Unity noob here, how do I update the firmware on the software?

Are you using the Unity app? Or are you trying to use VESC Tool?

Unity app on PC.

unity lastest firmware is 23.46 after that u will need vesc tool to go to fw5+

1 Like

I have 23.39, but I don’t see where to update, and do I need the sensor wires plugged in?

1 Like

nope, u don’t even need motor plug in to update, on the unity app just swap to right side until u get to firmware tab, upload and it should be the latest version (23.46)

1 Like

OK, I’ll try that again.

The upload keeps timing out or not updating. Anybody experienced this before?

Ok, I get it. Cheers

epoxy all over my kitchen hob and on the playroom floor and in my garden

ruined 3 garden bentches as they had to be sanded down to get the epoxy off and a bunch of cuboards in my kitchen have these mystery water stains which never come off :innocent:

3 Likes

Does it matter if I use thicker gage wire to extend my CAN bus cable?
This is what I’ve done…

Not really, no. You’ll be fine

2 Likes

What’s the fattest (over 20.000mAh) powerbank with usb-pd i can buy and have it reliable over the years?
It must charge and discharge on the usb-c port and not look like some nuclear code suitcase

something like this?:

https://www.amazon.com/AMZGO-26800mAh-Portable-Ultra-Bright-Waterproof/dp/B07WJ2FHW5/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=panergy&qid=1605870790&sr=8-2

1 Like

More like
Except with usb-pd. Don’t need flashlights or solar charging (i’d take around 2 months to fully charge one with the sun around here anyway…)
Edit: the fuck’s mosquito repellent light?

1 Like

ah ok, there aren’t much option around.

they just throw in all the “features” on it and called it a day, surely it works 60% of the time, it works every time. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m sure there’s even a damn spoon with a flashlight out there. Like, who the hell asks for a flashlight on everything?

3 Likes