Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Can you guys recommend a reliable AS switch for a 10s4p 30q battery? My only experience has been with a FlipSky AS that lasted like 10 minutes, since then I have used only Focbox Unities with the integrated AS without any problems on my 3 boards.

I don’t want to use a loopkey. Any experiences with the markerx AS?

1 Like

The only Antispark I have used is the Haggyboard Toughwire Antispark made by @Gamer43. That thing was awesome, and I sincerely hope they will be making more. Up to 12s, 100A, roll to start, auto off, tiny as hell. Just perfect. Currently they are not available outside of about 30 units that were sold a few months ago.

I have heard good things about the Flipsky 200A Enhanced Antispark, which was also designed by @Gamer43 . Got to make sure you are getting that one though, and not the older and shittier 280A switch. Which one did you have, do you know?

2 Likes

I got it like 2 years ago, so probably one of the first ones they sold, something like 100A maybe

Found these 2, any idea which one would be better?

1 Like

Im like 90% sure those are the exact same product.

1 Like

Oh yes, wanted to link this one:

30S!!! hahah

if i use a vinyl sticker for my board then put on 2k clear coat plus spray on grip would that work?

epoxy is banned in my house after last time…

thanks

The Haggy/Gamer43 switch

You need epoxy for that

2 Likes

ah ok
no way of doing it without?

Grip tape is expressly designed for that exact purpose. Use grip tape.

2 Likes

do custom grip tapes look any good?
the ones you can get pictures drawn on

It depends on the implementation details.

I don’t think one with blurry pink unicorns that are misaligned to the deck would look very good.

2 Likes

dunno what do you think would look good on it?

or is there something like epoxy spray so i could use without a liquid?

could some explain or point me to an explanation of gear ratio. For example what type of wheel size are suitable for a 2.78 ratio, vs which size suit a 2.4 setup (i.e the new BN gears). I’m just not clear on this yet

Got this printed for me at splattergoat in the states, dunno if you guys have services like that in UK. Friends love it, I love it, it isnt sender level but for the money I can’t complain.

2 Likes

comes out in good quality?
saw splattergoat
also do they cut for you or you cut from a rectangle?

1 Like

You can tell the level of detail from the picture, I’d say its pretty damn good. They leave you to cut it from a rectangle and I butchered it pretty bad, use a brand new exacto knife, Im going to have to cut off the shitty parts and cover some of the deck with black urethane.

1 Like

ah ok nice gonna take a shot and get it

i guess i need to keep the picture i send in reasonably simple?

I wouldn’t say the image has to be simple, this was the image I sent them:

and while the colours were washed out a little IRL I’d argue the picture is pretty complex with the gradients and general lack of contrast but Splattergoat nailed it.

1 Like