Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

:exploding_head: Had no idea these were a thing

1 Like

Hmm I’ve got the toy version of that :smile:

It’s more a matter of getting the radius right in CAD, which isn’t exactly helped by its asymmetry, and is tricky to measure even with a contour gauge.

2 Likes

I go

Contour guage -> paper -> picture of paper -> trace in CAD

3 Likes

Im pretty sure i use the first of those three links. Try that and if it works, it works. I know the three versions have differences, but I dont know exactly what they are or why you would want one over the other.

1 Like

Its not horrible. If you were to look at the height of the teeth, i would say about half of it in the middle is indented or missing a chunk.

I’d say send it, and if it it causes problems then replace it.

1 Like

Best size motors for a AWD setup with a 10s12p 30q battery, 97 urethanes. Still undecided on vescs

1 Like

I wanna design a cover for the wheels to stop them from throwing road shit at me. If the wheel is 145mm, what diameter should i make the cover?

1 Like

With small thane and AWD, you really dont need big motors. Save some weight and some money, get racestars or TB6355’s.

MakerX DV6 seems to be a solid dual for a great price.

2 Likes

In my tests designing fenders for my Backfire Ranger X2, I found that about 7mm between the tire and the inside of the fender was a good amount.

1 Like

okay, i ordered a replacement just in case. there cheap anyways

1 Like

Put the replacement in your backpack and ride the one that’s one there now. And I assume you carry a pocket knife and some basic tools.

2 Likes

no i do not lol. i just ride with my phone and a remote since I wouldn’t be able to get really far anyways

is there an IOS app that can work with my Apex Customs BMS ? i have an iphone and they seem only to support Android

1 Like

Those look like the LLT BMSs; I believe the app should be called somethin glike “XiaoXiang BMS” or something along those lines; though the name might vary between android and ios (im using the android app)

1 Like

Got it, thanks!
Is it worth paying the £6 for the pro version that allows you to configure it? Im not sure what/why id need cofigure it, but maybe i do!

ooo sorry can’t help you there. I didn’t even know that existed :laughing:

I imagine the free version is what’s used most often though

1 Like

What gear drives are there for calibers style trucks and bergs which are helicals?
Except moon which isn’t out yet

I am new here and looking to source parts for a first build. Is anyone familiar with the website at massivestator? They have FOCBOX Unity’s listed for sale at a price that seems to good to be true. Is this to good to be true? I messaged them, no response yet. Thanks!

1 Like

its a fraud website with stolen goods that sold by a dickhead, so… :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes