Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I hate having to post this but the search sucks so here I go,

Where should I be getting my tubes from? I know I could get them from the guy that sells me my tubes+tires but I’d like to compare prices. Particularly 7in

Thank Brian !
I’ll ask him to try it :+1:

And btw, for VESC settings, is it required to actually sync the settings on both VESC to be the same?
the default setup auto set the battery amps to 99a and I’ve lower it to 40a for him but do I actually need to set 40a for the other VESC via CAN as well?

1 Like

I’m a designer god hahahaha

Created a shape i thought looks similar and test printed it. Looks like a perfect fit.

4 Likes

Thank you. I was wondering if there was an 8mm version. I still haven’t confirmed what the axles are for the Boardnamics 220mm. Nor have I confirmed if that 220mm is ignoring the axles entirely or not. I initially thought it was because they list the axles at 44-50mm and so I thought it was 220mm + (2*44-50mm) axles for a width closer to 320mm. If it’s not that and it’s legitimately 220mm end to end then that’s way too narrow for me. I was hoping for my stance to be closer to 14-15 inches wide or so.

150Kv SK8s…

On 12s with BN gears and bergs, you get loaded speed of 35mph

1 Like

The BN184 and BN220 have 8mm axles.

The BN270 has a 10mm & 8mm stepped axle. (fits 8mm wheel bearings & 10mm pulley bearings, typically 6900-2RS)

1 Like

Thanks. Another poster just informed me of this 270 option also. I didn’t see it before. Seems much closer to what I was hoping for. Are you saying it comes in either a 10mm or 8mm axle option? Or does “stepped axle” refer to something else?

The wheel fits on an 8mm axle, and if there are pulleys, they fit on a 10mm axle.

2 Likes

I’m running 170kv motors though, so I guess the speed will still be a problem?

1 Like

You just won’t be optimally geared. Ie you will have less torque than you could otherwise have, assuming you don’t want to do 80kmh!

1 Like

yo, tryna put together another build, want some suggestions as i’m new to pnummie setups. goals for the board is ~30-35mph max, 15-20 miles range, (is this possible on 12s4p?) focused on mainly street riding but also be able to take off road for light trail riding if wanted. currently i’m thinking hummie deck + bb enclosure, 2x TB6374, BN M1 drives on 220 hangers and BN adjustable baseplates, undecided on ESC (unity? makerX dv6? idk), bergs with 6” tires. any suggestions/advice? mainly gonna source parts used (except battery and mainly a few others) because don’t want to spend a ton

My 12s board charged up and metr said the board was at 4.22v/cell (50.64) is that reasonable? or too high? something wrong?

I measured the charger voltage with two different digital multi meters and an old analog one.

dmm1: 50.1v
dmm2: 50.2 - 50.3v oscillating.
amm1: 49v ±0.5 on the 250v analog dial.

so… metr’s wrong? all my multimeters are wrong? … thoughts?

–fess

Sounds about right. Cell top off should be around 4.2v. Were you thinking about the nominal voltage of 3.7v?

4.22V is only 0.48% high. That’s perfectly reasonable.

3 Likes

no, I’ve just never had a board that actually gets to 4.2… usually it’s 4.19 4.18 etc.

thanks.

Easy choice. Eskating dot eu has such terrible customer service they might as well be a scam site. There’s a reason they’re not on the forum either. Buy from @Anubis

2 Likes

Yes you need to lower the other one. Click the CAN FWD button in the right vertical bar

Yeah cool. How easy was that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t really see the point in them for pneumatics at this point then, unless I’ve missed something? If I understand correctly and 170kv motors will result in extreme tops speed and poor torque, then 190kv motors will have even poorer torque and will go 100km/h. These seem to be designed for low kv motors and/or thane…but even thane at, say 110, won’t performance also be a bit weird?

1 Like

pretty easy. Primarily luck that the shape is basically perfect. One of those moments my inner ego speaks to me and tells me that if i can’t find it, i have to do it myself.

1 Like