Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

There must be a tailbone available at Titus or sickboards.nl or billion other sites out there.
Otherwise just take a damn “Frühstücksbrettchen” from plastic and cut your own :smiley: :lying_face:

2 Likes

Dont have them, havent tried them, but they seem well made and moon has an adapter for the drives that work with them.
This is just based off the parts you mentioned earlier.

1 Like

This board is the one i don’t want any ghetto stuff happening :smiley: If i can’t find anything for a reasonable price I’ll print it.

If your hack sawing skills are just Ghetto like then ok.

2 Likes

I don’t even have a hacksaw i think. Option B is to get it laser cut as well lol

1 Like

mhh…are you not one of them guys who own a 3d printer?
That would be the easiest way i think.
If not just create one and ask in the 3d print section.
Maybe one good dude does the design for you if you are not familiar with 3d printing software.

1 Like

I do have a printer. Just haven’t used it in like half a year. Designing isn’t really a problem for rough stuff. Haven’t learned fusion yet, still using tinkercad.

1 Like

FTFY :smirk:

1 Like

Sketch up is very easy and intuitive Software.
Try it.

2 Likes

only have a laser cutter available.

I assume it shouldn’t be a problem as it cuts plexi as well. (maybe the temp threshold does the difference)

2 Likes

Ok. I feel like I’m finally making progress here now. How does this sound?

2 x 6380 Torque boards motors
2 x 220mm precision trucks from Boardnamics.
2 x moon helical gear drives from Moon.
4 x rockstar rims with 8 inch tires.
1 x Focbox unity

How do you think that would all come together with a brand new ET deck, a firm metal enclosure provided by Ecomobl to fit a 12S5P 40T pack?

ditch that and get a stormcore or TB6

4 Likes

I’ve been a street wheel rider my whole life, I wanna ask is it normal for the board with AT wheels to sort of jerk a little when I let go of the throttle?

My friend recently bought a DIY board from another guys and he has been complaining that he feels this ‘slight jerk motion’ while letting go of the throttle at almost any speed above 20kph…

I tested his board and I feel the same as well, while accelerating to approximately 20kph and I let go of the throttle, the board won’t continue cruise like a car in neutral gear but rather there’s this slight jerk like how a tight belt tension will react…and his board’s belt tension is totally ok, we readjusted a few times and it is still the same…

I was planning on getting the BN geardrive to work with some bergs, but this setup seems like suicide, is there anything that can be done, maybe programme the (V)ESC?

Try increasing the Negative Ramping Time from 0.3s to 0.6s

4 Likes

What is with the Trampa and Rockstar rims both having 28mm outer diameter bearings. I’m sure I’m missing something here but at that outer diameter bearing aren’t people stuck at unconventional 9.5mm or 12mm inner diameter beading? How would either work with like the Boardnamics 220 truck which I’m assuming is likely either an 8mm or 10mm axle for bearings?

You will need bearings that fit the rockstar rims and BN220
Normal 608 bearings are 22mm OD x 8mm ID,
The rockstars need 28mm OD bearings

You read my mind. I was just thinking the same thing and wondering about this. Trampa and Rockstar rims seem popular though so people seem to have found solutions that work for them? What are others doing?

The MBS channel trucks have 12mm axles, Trampa have 9.525mm or 12mm axles depending on which trucks you get.
People use 6001 bearings for the 12mm axles

I think you can get 28 OD, 10 ID bearings, but not sure about 8mm ID

9.525mm is some kind of FUB size (3/8" I think)

Bearings fitting 28mm seats are

638-2RS (8mm axle)
6001-2RS (12mm axle)
6902-2RS (15mm axle)

2 Likes