Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Depends on the rest of your setup and your goals.

But just speaking comfort wise, yes they are absolutely worth it. Especially the 72a ones. The wide contact patch and the extra thane make more difference than you would expect.

1 Like

The roads near me suck, but not to the point that I need pneumatics, so based off what you said, it seems like the 110s would be perfect. Guess it’s time to start budgeting again. T^T

1 Like

Impossible. Every ride can be improved by pneumatics lol.

3 Likes

All he has to do is try it once.You don’t know until you ride pneumies

Bridge cracks? Don’t have to worry about hopping over them. Road paint? Roll right over them. Have to ride sidewalk? What separations, what crosswalk bumps? Pot holes? Wait, I’m not going to die today.

3 Likes

Can confirm. I used to actively avoid even roads with thick paint lines because it was so, so bad at speed… and that was with 100mm wheels.
I even tried 110’s at a group ride recently and the tactile pavement is still horrible to go over, all while my 6 inch pneumatics barely even feel anything

1 Like

Once you go pneumatic you never go back. I recently chopped up and sold all my boards so I could build an eMTB because pneumatics are that good lol. It’s a slippery slope for sure.

2 Likes

Not so slippery with the pneumies. After this last BMS fiasco I might stick to the hobby charger as far as my mtb goes.

And you can constantly adjust ride via psi haha. On my 8 inch wheels I legitimately feel like I’m snowboarding at 30-35 psi.

1 Like

Yep. Some guys get almost urethane like efficiency on bergs at like 50psi, while me at 25-30psi ride on damn clouds

I rode my bergs at like 75psi :rofl: still got so-so efficient and excellent ride comfort.

1 Like

How much wh/km?
Aren’t they like 60psi max? Too lazy to walk to the office and check

1 Like

Yes, but apparently no lol

30wh/mi (48wh/km) with all out joyriding.

Are you riding in knee deep mud? Wtf. I get 20wh/km with 30psi bergs front and 25psi aliexpress back, riding like i stole it

4 Likes

Imma thicc boi :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

:joy: @Athrx, how much do you weigh? If you don’t mind me asking… And you Duck? :thinking: Want to know where I am going to sit on this scale :joy:

1 Like

85kg (+/-5kg, depending if i took a shit that morning). Board i assume is around 20kg. 12s4p p42a hummie deck with bn220’s
Things i weighted so far (got a micro scale yesterday):
Bn220 hanger with fixed axles (no nuts): 314g
Bergs with bearings: 400g
Aliexpress wheel: 600g
Vx2 remote: 140g

No, i don’t duck, or try anything to be more aerodynamic. Top speed on a nice windless morning was 59km/hr. Could be more if i remove 85% duty cycle current limit start but i care about my bones a bit

Okay, i bit the bullet for a ender 3x. Got some black pla filament with good ratings. What else should i look for? Printer arrives tomorrow

1 Like

who sells pully’s for trampa hubs? and could i use the hypa composite hubs for a street build running 6-8 inch pnummies?

and can i use Trampa tyres with Evolve hubs? :crazy_face: :crossed_fingers:

@IDEA

1 Like

ok, thanks, but they’re the only ones who make? weird that Trampa dont even make them for their own hubs