Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The order doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

No. These motors are BLDC (BrushLess DC) motors, which is another name for a three phase synchronous motor. They run on AC. The ESC takes DC from the battery and makes AC to run the motor.

(Not if you mean the main three fat wires. There is a ground as well as a 5v power wire for the Hall sensors.)

5 Likes

Sounds like a fire. Question is when

poorly phrased. It will not be connected to the other battery at the same time.

Empty battery disconnected, new battery connected.

3 Likes

That’s much better. Better make sure of that :grinning:

I’d put two holes in the bottom of the box, and put two XT connectors on the board, such that they poke up through the holes. Then it’s a matter of setting up an appropriate wiring harness in the box.

how would you the visible wires and xt30 connectors when the external battery isn’t connected? As thats my main problem. Sticking something over it could work but isn’t really durable if you peel it off every couple of days.

You could recess the connectors flush with the board (some creative use of fiberglass and/or epoxy) and have the battery box either sit on top with holes, or have mating connectors on the bottom that plug right in (yet more creative glass/epoxy). Then get some connector covers for use when the box is absent.

Yeah I was trying to get a little more carve out of the rear drive trucks by putting a surf adapter on to see if it would mimic double King pin trucks but it didn’t do shit to help with the carving and shock of all shocks turns out the caliber trucks that the torque board direct drive motors come on carve pretty damn good I ended up throwing a double kingpin truck on the front and the thing is stable at speed and carves like a dream… Now if I could figure out why I keep getting a chattering sound from one of the motors and why they’re getting so damn hot I’d be in business :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I can actually answer both these questions in one!

Unbolt your wheel, pull off the wheel and the whole motor from the hanger, take some aluminum siding tape, and do a single wrap around the square part of the hanger that the motor locks onto.

That will fill the slop that is causing the chatter, as well as making a better thermal transfer to the hanger from the motor. If you want to improve that even more, put some thermal paste on top of the tape.

2 Likes

I have a Flexi lite BMS on the way and plan on moving away from Lipo+hobby charger setup.

As much as I love spending all of my money on esk8 stuff, I found myself wondering if there is a way to rig up my hota d6 pro balance charger with the BMS setup in place of buying a 5
50.4v 4+amp charger. Its about the same size as any charger ill end up buying to go with BMS.

It seems unlikely, but it’s something I’d like to know for sure

No, just get a brick charger, sell the d6 and never look back :slight_smile:

I was contemplating that. I still have a smaller balance charger I could use for maintenance

First time using Focbox Unity.
Tried to connect FS VX1 UART receiver cabe only to find out that the Unity has only 7 pins (vs 8 pins).

How do you guys usually connect VX1 remote to Unity?

Test them if it’s not spinning the right way just change/invert 2 of the motor wires

1 Like

connect it using ppm :rofl:

1 Like

Prefer UART, just made a 7 pin plug and will try.

Couldn’t find the UI tool for download (Windows), help!

FOCBOX_TOOL.zip (18.4 MB) FOCBOX_UI.zip (18.4 MB)

not sure if there are newer version than 1.4 for the UI tool, but that’s what i got

3 Likes

just seen this video, with a guy on pneummies going off-road, mostly on gravely terrain. the board is sliding and bouncing all over the place, seems super unstable - is this what i should expect from a pneummie setup on terrain like this, or are there things you can do to mitigate the instability?

I just noticed again that when im at full speed/near full speed my board steers to the left making it way harder to counter steer or go straight. Once i let go of the throttle it stops again. Does not happen at any other speed.

what could cause that?
E: starts at around 89 Duty cycle
dual 4.12 fw 5.1
Battle hardened fs 6374
8"
here some settings if that helps