Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

sure u don’t mean mm? the deck is only 2cm thick :rofl:
I think 1 or 2mm would still be fine, as long as u do rounded corners

2 Likes

ok :+1:

having 1cm extra in total (0.5cm
extra at Each end), but not depth, it’s just expanding the length of the cutout bit.

1 Like

i think someone did it on the longer side of the space for more 21700 cells config, but not sure about extending it further along the deck

1 Like

Yes they have, some have done both sides

1 Like

Why about just a layer of epoxy, would that be enough to strengthen it?

Epoxy on its own doesnt really add any strength. If you are worried about radio interference, then use fiberglass instead of carbon fiber.

7 Likes

Kinda quiet here.

A have general question. What is optimal esc for dual 6374 urethane build @ 12s 100A battery

Thanks in advance

Dual VESC 6 MkIV

Oh wait, you’re not made of money? Try the TB6 ESCs

4 Likes

or stormcore 60/100d lol

noob question from me:
where to find adapter (spacer?) for 9.7mm ID bearing to fit on 8mm axle (i don’t want to try to pull out the original bearing unless there is no other way)

1 Like

I’ve been looking at options for my next board, and I’m really interested in building a mountainboard based off an MBS board. However, I see a lot that they aren’t really recommended for street use. I like the increased offroad trail capabilities of mountainboards compared to more street focused boards like a Lacroix or Flux, but since 70-80% of my riding is on the street, I’m wondering if I should just stick to a street board design. To me, they’re fundamentally similar with the same trucks and wheel system and angled tip decks, but obviously one has bindings (albeit removable) and a top mounted battery box. Shouldn’t a binding-less mountainboard handle similarly on the road to a street AT board? What fundamental differences would affect the streetability of a mountainboard?

I think you’re looking to build a carver, which is a mountain style board with the battery hung underneath and mainly (but not exclusively) for street use.

1 Like

I actually prefer the top mounted battery box, since it allows for bigger batteries (and cheaper LiPo packs rather than built cell packs), and ground clearance. If I’m scraping rocks and roots, I’d rather it be the board than a thin enclosure protecting the batteries. I guess I could look at this question the other way as well - how capable are carver boards off road? Nothing too serious, some mountain bike trails or dirt pump tracks at our regional park would probably be as crazy as it would get.

Does any one have any experience connecting 4.2 escs to the windows 10 vesc tool via bluetooth? I really don’t want to have to take my enclosure apart every time I want to change something. I have the bluetooth module for it and it connects to my android just fine, but not my pc

1 Like

I’m getting a different reading for resistance on my surface mount resistor depending on which orientation my probes are on it, is that correct? I get 12.8 one way and 19 the other

Actually, no.

You sure that it is exactly resistor, aren’t you?

Maybe schematic of the device can say more

1 Like

I’ll have a look. I can’t find a schematic myself

Flipsky said this themselves

3 Likes

i think they mean capacitor. or they gave the wrong spec; resistors aren’t measured in uf…

1 Like

“Braided”? :thinking:

2 Likes