Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

What ESC?

Do not stick multimeter prongs into an unfused charge port

3 Likes

https://armattanproductions.com/pages/shop_product_grid/5149

1 Like

@b264 @MysticalDork @Jujo @glyphiks @Movation or anybody that knows :call_me_hand: witch one is best for focbox
FLIPSKY HGLTECH Bluetooth Board Module Wireless DC 2V-12V 115200 baudrate for ESC Project (for V6) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088D5TVKW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_93UHFbWXVXHSK

2 Likes
13 Likes

So I 'm running FOCBOX UI with my mtb setup atm. It feels like my board is being limited by the app.

I used vesc tool when my build had 6.6dual esc (before I did something dumb and burned it up) and the board was insane. However I prefer the UI app setup to VESC tool.

Thoughts?

Two TB singles rated at 50a ea.

1 Like

I second that, the app that comes with it is brilliant. Metr pro level awesome.

Move to vesc fw you may have to change your BT module. It currently works well with unity future versions will likely be problematic.

1 Like

Do white pneumatic tyres exist? 6 inch?

1 Like

I’m sure that you ll find them on aliexpress or alibaba or you can just paint them

1 Like

Cool, thanks

1 Like

The “V4” would be for FOCBOX but I haven’t had a great experience with Flipsky bluetooth modules

2 Likes

I rewired the contacts on Flipsky BT module to be compatible with the Unity.

So you think VESC tool is the better option?

1 Like

Noob battery build help needed…

I’m slowing buying parts/tools to build a battery. I’m planning a 12s8p mtb top mount using 21700 cells.
I’m looking for precut 2p nickel strip. I want to offset the cells and don’t want to use holders. Anyone know if nickel like that is available and where I can get it?
Thanks

Idk about 2p precut nickel but there is precut 8p here

Thanks. I’m looking for a strip like this. The issue I see is that it’s made to allow spacing in-between cells. I want to glue the cells together.

would you have clearance issues with non-staggered cells? you can still glue them in the config with the precut 8p strips

Dear Badasses -

1st build. Everything is installed. I’m ready to connect the motor wires from my TorqueBoards 75KV direct drive motors to a FOCBOX unity.

I know from TorqueBoards website that they seem to indicate that the ABC’s of motor wires configuration they use means by wire color that the A, B, C wires from the motors are:

Blue = A
Black = B
Yellow = C

What I can’t seem to find is any direction on which of the wires coming out of the FOCBOX Unity to connect the motor wires to correspond to which wire is = A, B, or C.

The motors are sensored so I understand that it matters very much that the motor wires are connected to the FOCBOX Unity in the correct order.

From pouring over build pictures, other threads, image searches on google etc…I think that this is the correct order. (See pictures for reference)

Before I plug the ESC into the battery and power it up and start to configure the motors can anyone tell me if what these pictures show is correct?

Thank you SO MUCH in advance. been researching, reading, watching, reading, researching building, building, building and i’m ready to give this a go…last(ish) step! ! (still need to heat shrink connections and route wires better and secure etc before closing up and riding after motor config…installed FOCBOX Unity tool on Desktop PC…Need to update firmware on Unity too right?) Then Config. Close up. test ride. Oh Using a Hoyt Street Puck for Remote too )

pulse-image-1602731951963|236x500

looks like ill have to figure out how to use a multimeter. never have used one lol

1 Like