Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That’ll be up to him I guess. 300$ motor burning before a first test ride is hurtful

2 Likes

And to think…he was only coming to me for proper motor/battery configs cus his stormcore kept shutting down under load :man_facepalming:

Results:
One motor burns
Stormcore has random setting resets
Remote got destroyed by rogue board on throttle test
One chain is acting stiff half of the time even though everything is perfectly centered with jigs

3 Likes

Goddamn. First stormcore now his motors… is he building 2020 cuz it sounds like a trainwreck of empty hope

4 Likes

Look up :rofl::+1::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

??? That poor guy wtf. I still have that maytech VX2 I haven’t sent over, you can choose to donate to him if you want :rofl:

2 Likes

Sure send it over if you want, he’d probably be very happy. I recall him talking about eventually getting a vx2

Edit: he answered “yes please”

2 Likes

I’ll get it done tomorrow, I won’t forget this time. And tell him maybe don’t gamble or make any bets for a while as his luck has run out

3 Likes

Hes going at lacroix’s shop Friday. Charles(blasto) will get him cleared up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

noun

lights so other folks can see you / your position

By the way, does anyone know what phrase describes the opposite kind of lighting? The kind of lighting designed for you to see better with? Like a bright directional light on the front, for example? Or backup lighting that illuminates when you engage reverse?

@MatrixWriter do you know?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I understand the phrasing of this…
Directional lighting is more focused rather than flood style where both can be done with lenses and reflectors to match the application need.

Positional lighting - lights that come in all directions or could be light that scatters in all directions from a source…best use case would be use of red blinking light. That is commonly found on cyclists to alert cars to provide awareness and position.

As for brake lights, I had some working a few years ago before I sold a board to @Jujo. Could look back into it if there’s widespread interests.

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

Alrighty, I’ll get a separate thread going later on. Might end up integrating them into custom risers I’m doing for my board. Similar to what Boosted had with their Beams.

2 Likes

I’d recommend against it as I’m sure plenty people do not want to use tunnel risers

There would be 2 options of course. With risers and without.

1 Like

I was checking out some of the A123 offerings in their pouch cells, And it says 1200w nominal discharge, now does that mean that this cell can do (1200w/3.3v = 363a) ?

Or am I doing that wrong?

1 Like

Sounds right to me. I don’t know if we should consider 363A to be a true continuous current rating but I’d be pretty confident that it can be pulsed that high…carefully…with the inevitable hit to its cycle life if done a lot.

1 Like

even so, They show 3000 cycles before it hits 90% of initial capacity… they just refuse to die! (Granted, they don’t show the discharge at which they tested that, but still)

Would be cool if we had more of these cells in the same way we have SPIM08HP cells.
They have much smaller versions of these cells too, It would be easier to build super slim enclosures and not feel the need to rip apart lipos for high preforming cells like some guys do : (

1 Like

20A charge, 40A discharge for their cycle life spec.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, “+1C/-2C”
good eye!

1 Like

This is typical of LiFePO4 and my experience with other LiFePO4 cells are that they indeed seem to not die. Definitely it is noticeable compared to 4.2V cells.

I haven’t tried those cells though.

1 Like