Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

After my ride yesterday I noticed a rattling sound coming from my vx1 remote. Took it apart and found this watch battery just loose .
Looks like to goes where the circle is on the pc. Do the wires go on those pads next to it?
I rode home with it this way. Is it ok to use it without that battery for now? I have a soldering iron coming in the mail, but want to ride today.
What dies that battery do?

1 Like

That’s a circular vibrator motor.

You could resolder it.

I can check the pins in a sec:

2 Likes

Thanks! Appreciate the help

2 Likes

what are the advantages of the Evo 40 over the Hummie 40, or vice versa? both seem quite similar, just wondering where they differ…

1 Like

I would say they’re completely different :sweat_smile:
Evo 40 has a slight concave and noticeable drop. Nose and tail are angled at 10deg (or 15) to provide stability.
It’s a thick and sturdy with no cutout for electronics

The hummie is almost nearly as flat as can be with a slight slight concave. It’s lighter than the Evo with no drop and has a cutout for electronics.

I think the hummie looks suuuuper sexy and you can achieve a slim esk8 build with it. But the Evo is also an awesome deck and you feel locked in because of the drop

4 Likes

I gather the Evo has no flex, what about the hummie? I prefer the look the Evo, just more interesting shape imo, but the weight of the hummie is a big plus if significantly lighter. there’s is a slight drop on the hummie as far as I can see from pictures, no way near the Evo of course. which one would you say is best for doing a build that can carve?
And is it true that the hummie suffers from wheelbite on large wheels?

2 Likes

The weight difference isn’t significant enough tbh. I’d say it’s negligible.

They’re both great for carving. Some people might tell you the Evo is ultimately better because it is also has the potential to be much more stable at higher speeds, but they’re both equally good at carving imo.

I would say the hummie is more prone to wheelbite than the Evo but that’s mostly dependent on the parts you choose.

You cannot go wrong with either. The Evo will have much more options for enclosures and generally much sturdier because it’s not a drop through so you have wider range of builds you can do. The hummie is the sexiest drop through carbon fiber inlay deck for slimmer builds.

They’re both beautiful

If you want an example of my favorite hummie build, check out @ShutterShock’s build. If you want an example of my favorite Evo build, check out @Jujo’s build :sunglasses:

4 Likes

awesome info here, thanks so much. I’ll be using Tb110’s so I guess to be on the safe side I’ll go with the Evo…although if the Hummie could work with Gbombs then perhaps id consider it, though just looking at it it may look super weird with those brackets on, plus no one has done it, which may or may not be significant…

3 Likes

beauuuutiful build :ok_hand:

I will say depending on what g bomb brackets you use, it will have a drastic effect on the Evo or hummie. The Evo’s nose and tail are set at an angle already so keep that in mind.

OH and depending on the battery, you might need to route out more material on the hummie to make it fit

1 Like

I bought the Gbombs for a build that I think has died (first build woes), but I guess I can just use them for a different build instead lol…and of course, no harm trying them on the Evo/Hummie. They’re the Drop Down standard, so the drop isn’t too severe.

1 Like

You’re gonna do double drop down on the Evo?? I hope you get clearance :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Meme builds only
With a Double stack too i guess :sob:

gbomb on evo makes absolutely zero sense

3 Likes

On a meme build it makes sense 100%

What makes a motor smoke?

3 Likes

Shorted wires burning stuff probably. Have you opened it up?

2 Likes

good luck getting warranty with APS :sleepy:
As Jujo said, something is shorting… or one drugged motor

3 Likes

Nope. Not my build. But all suggestions are being forwarded to a very frustrated friend

2 Likes

At that point, if he opens it up, there should be a noticeable black singe or scorch marks where the short is. Poor guy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes