Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Ugh. I facepalm about this all the time. Because the lady who previously owned them asked what length is required to cut off to make them fit Avio gear drives. Jeff said 18mm. So she sent them to me and told me “it needs to be 18mm short.”

I asked her. ‘ARE YOU SURE YOU DONT MEAN “It needs to be 18mm shorter”’? And she was very adamant.

I went on to the saw with tears in my hand cutting away at the shaft because I knew something was very very wrong.

Long story short. She was wrong and I have a pair of tiny dick motors

9 Likes

Oh well… fuck.
That’s a sad story, you made me laugh like a baby though

3 Likes

I ordered the same ones from Michobby. Came pretty quick, less than a week, but not sure price compared to maytech website

2 Likes

Where are you located?

1 Like

so i took out for another ride after switching to foc and its still doing it. it feels like it’s switching gears on me lol but here’s a video showing it.

1 Like

Italy North east

What remote are you using?
Check this

2 Likes

yea it is the vx1

ill look at that

Anyone selling torqueboard 100mm wheels? Thanks

Also, if this isn’t the right place to ask, someone please correct me. Thanks

The best place for that is the buy/sell/trade area.

3 Likes

ok, it has to be the vx1 remote’s potentiometer because ive tried everything else. i saw that @Athrx also had the same issue and he was able to fix it by soaking the potentiometer in wd40 and then dry paper.

is there a screw underneath the flipsky sticker?

Yea, i think? Mine didn’t have a sticker at all. There’s 3 screws on the case

1 Like

Asking a China company for a discount is a rookie mistake. They often will send you a piece of junk or something that didn’t pass the QC…

Yes I would recommend the Torqueboards 6355 motors

1 Like

Now I know :skull:

I’m looking for 6365 because they should run cooler than 6355

1 Like

locked diff offroad is boss (-;

3 Likes

Does anyone know if it’s possible to seal this type of open cover motors? Or it would not be possible cause of overheating?

2 Likes