Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yes, specs are very often inflated for marketing reasons.

Also, in general, don’t drive things at their max ratings unless you want it to be specifically “you” to be the person that has all the failures and broken stuff. Let someone else do that while you’re skating :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Being that i used maker-x before, i believe it can handle doing that, but not thermally (again, get a beefy heatsink for that…). Compared to flipshit that rates their 4.12’s at 150 amps, i think that 80A is a sane number. But really, run it at like 60 max i guess.
My trampas with literally no cooling and foam all around reached 60 something degrees on a hot day, running 80 motor amps and 30 battery amps, but technically an average of 40 motor amps/side. Quite far from the rated 70A in open air, but on the flipside i think they can do peaks of close to 180/side with a few settings enabled

1 Like

Hiccups, as in? You press the throttle and the board stutters?

1 Like

yes, im running it unsensored, and im pushing to start. i updated the firmware and now the hiccups are a lot more noticeable and aggressive. im changing the bldc detect parameters a bit to see if that helps

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: I like where this is going

6 Likes

Oh it’s going.

1 Like

yeaa?

also do i need to worry about changing these or nah

1 Like

Yes. They should be part of the setup wizard which are all pretty important to tune to your current build

1 Like

ok, i will try to figure out what the battery capacity is

1 Like

Oh I think we can help. Do you know what cell it is or who built it?

1 Like

its a 10s2p p42a battery that skyart built. ive already contacted him for the specifics on the battery

P42a cells are 4.2 Ah each (Hey, it’s in the name! :D) and you have 2 in parallel. So your capacity is 8.4 Ah.

3 Likes

ok perfect. thanks. for detection i did 15a, 250erpm, and 0.15d. should that be good?

Ask @b264, he knows motor detection stuff better than I do.

3 Likes

would it be weird to say that my 4.12 esc runs better in foc

Yes those are great values to try.

2 Likes

i tested those on my test ride and it still had hiccups. i have a feeling that it runs better in foc since i didn’t have issues when in foc

Did you do the detection in BLDC? BLDC has a separate motor detection than FOC. Some folks have tried BLDC without doing the detection, thinking the FOC motor detection was the only one

1 Like

yes i did, and tried different detect parameters. i also tried bldc in foc setup, but that didn’t work

1 Like