Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

totally agree, their website is not user friendly.

I thought its Spain?

4 Likes

Uk?? Was it not spain?
@haggyboard.timo any updates?
Also since i’m tagging you, do berg wheels have a 52T belt pulley option? Or within that range… ~48-55T

1 Like

Ahhh shiet look at me. Typical american ignorance. Spain? UK? Same thing.

(I’ll expect some fires from this statement)

@Athrx yea they do! But only from Moons pulleys which are also unobtanium

their pictures are VERY misleading. If you don’t read the fine print, you’ll expect to pay $600 for trucks and gear drives but nope. Just gear drives
Aaaand not all their products are made for the same trucks so you have to check their charts per item to see what they fit

3 Likes

That’s 2 international borders and a 2, maybe 3 day car trip difference lol (assuming there isn’t a direct highway crossing france towards spain)

:frowning: The more i find about unobtanium nice shit the more i want to thank boardnamics for having the damn hangers in stock and making a geardrive that fits (although i have no idea what pneumatic hubs he plans on supporting)

And lol, trampa is mostly 3d render and having to go back& forth between items because compatibility and sizes are mostly described in what else from their own site fits. And good luck trying to find 8mm bearings there

5 Likes

Yea no Trampa site is straight up aids. I want to buy their shit. It’s just that I have no idea HOW lol but honestly, if you’re able to moons gear drives aren’t that expensive and they’re the best of the best out there. They are limited though and I believe the 3rd batch already ended

2 Likes

are boardnamics geardrivces going to be helical (and is there a rought eta on their production?)?
whatever happens with them im just praying to god @Anubis stocks them in his UK store =D

1 Like

You’re technically meant to email for further details but honestly wasting someone’s time to end up settling for something else sits wrong with me.
I should be able to tell from the main item’s page if it fits to a caliber mount, if it has an adapter that makes it fit, center distance, belt lengths, widths, what is sold as replacements, etc.
I’ve seen quite a few other esk8 vendors out there selling damn belts as “fits our xyz board” and 4 times the price of that belt anywhere else. Like really, if i have to buy i’d rather cut and measure what i already have and set a spare parts stock list at £3 a belt

@Geo_Engineering_FTW i think straight cut. Check pictures and nothing else, there should be a sneaky pic within the last like 30

5 Likes

well said, that’s also reasons why i still haven’t buy anything from trampa yet. I know their shit is good, but shit is hard to navigate. I can steer a spaceship better than their website. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Not to mention that on mobile that drop-down menu is pure cancer. I also have to click search like 5 times really fast for the keyboard to stay open. Don’t get that with any other site

2 Likes

i needs some laaaarge wheel recommendations that are available in the EU. I wanted TB110 but am loath to pay $170 + import duty…almost pulled the trigger a moment ago, but restrained myself.
not interested in foamies bc don’t like the look and Boas 100’s are too small. the closer to 110 the better.

did consider Abec 11 107’s but heard they’re not a patch on the TB’s…

1 Like

Recommended highest capacity 18650 for a 10s2p pack 20-30A max (combined)

1 Like

30q…
Or 35e if you hate yourself, but they’re only really decent to around 5A/cell

Not many options out there besides pneumatics. Double consumption but the difference is huge in comfort

1 Like

Currently running 2 year old LG something something cells. On the other pack some Panasonic cells.

Both packs were for a 24A ESC.
I use them on a 30A esc now without problem. They’re just old and used. I need a minimum of 230Wh (what the old ones have)

The panasonic ones apparently are NCR18650BD

i plan to get pneumatics too, but I also want some thane. objectively, are the 107’s that different, in a bad way, or are people making a too big a deal out of it?

1 Like

If you got the space for 21700, get those. You will not regret it. Otherwise 30q or vtc6 are the best performers without even a close second

1 Like

My only electrified urethane experiences are with some stiff 83mm wheels that made me hate my life and the mbs rough stuff wheels which were decent but made me realise that urethane, worn out asphalt, rain and 50km/hr+ speeds don’t get along well.
The 110mm wheels are praised but i don’t really see people compare them head to head with any air filled contenders. Just different worlds i guess.

Now pneumatics, i get to slam both the acceleration at 160A combined and brakes at -110A without much worry for traction, and it’s raining pretty much everyday here now.
I even heard a cute tire squeal this morning, full braking downhill avoiding a daydreaming biker. First sound ever!

1 Like

@Battery_Mooch, question for you:

My son has a razor go kart with 2 12v 9ah heavy sla batteries in it. It goes pretty quick as is but the SLAs are heavy and dying. I want to get a replacement 7s lithium ion pack built for a lot of range so he can keep up more with me while I skate.

My first thought was 50e because of the large capacity. The controller is only rated at 30A so I believe the low amp draw would be fine in 3p or more config.

I saw you mention several similar cells in the tesla cell thread and was curious if you had a cell you liked better.

2 Likes

Anybody come across a good walk through or tutorial for installing a stormcore 60d from scratch? I just received mine and there wasn’t any documentation at all included

The 50E is being stressed pretty hard at 10A so I would recommend a 4P setup if using that cell.

If you want to stick with 3P at 30A then I recommend the Samsung 50G (rewrapped by Vapcell as the G50) or Molicel M50A. They’ll run a bit more efficiently at 10A than the 50E.

A 7S Li-ion pack is going to be at 29.4V fully charged so make sure the electronics can handle that.

4 Likes