Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

How can I strengthen my wooden deck (without using carbon fiber)…perhaps some sort of brush-on resin would work? If so, what should I be looking for?

The 2 hub pieces screw into the wheel adapter directly, there are no nuts there.
Don’t hammer that stuff :sweat_smile:

:arrow_up: this.

“loose trucks save lives”

If you hit a bump that sends the board caddywompus then a loose truck allows the board to quickly realign again and “chase” you if you start to lean to fall off. A stiff truck will take time to adjust and may not react fast enough to prevent a streetface incident

3 Likes

Rear truck, front truck or both? My assumption was always the tighter the less you wobble.

1 Like

Ohhhh. I see! Thanks!

I have a set of Avio drives as well…the adapter is just press fit on those. Guess I thought the 3ds was the same? Should have sought out an assembly diagram I guess

smh @oldman

Yup I know

Yep. Which ones do you get? Then search for solutions on here hehe

I got the issue where the tool says the firmware isn’t up to date or not the same across both vescs - even after just updating them. I think it’s still a bug that other people have had too.

1 Like

hmm so would a good compromise between stability at high speeds and quick realignment/return to center be loose(er) trucks and hard(er) bushings? or is that just redundant because since the bushings are harder your trucks are also going to be stiffer

Well said man, I hate when people say that you can’t skate fast with loose trucks… you just need to improve your balance and keep your knees bend, it’s all about practice!

1 Like

I usually ride hard but very loose bushings.
Probably if I’ll get softer bushings I’ll tighten them up a bit more. I think that the main difference between a harder bushing and a softer one is in shock absorption (this is just a personal thought/feeling)

1 Like

Anyone selling boardnamics idler motor mounts?? mine cracked close to the truck mount.

JB weld here to save the day

3 Likes

Kevin said he’s getting them in stock in a week or two

2 Likes

Where do i get hardware like this and also ineerts for the enclosure as im missing some.

Those are socket screws and cone washers; you can get some off amazon, ebay, mcmastercarr, etc. Ezlock inserts are nice.

**o also make sure you DONT get brass inserts, as they strip really easily

3 Likes

I learned to not use brass inserts the hard way haha

3 Likes

me too :laughing:

1 Like

What are my options for achieving evolve type carving without using their DKP trucks? I’ve seen people use surf adapters, but that seems a bit much. any ideas?

Additionally - who sells these? I can only find an expensive surf-skate type substitute