Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Forgot to add that the firmware is 3.65 i think, so that might also be the problem

those?

yeah those. Youre on a full charge right? 42v? I had some hiccupping when testing on my power supply when i pulled too much current and the voltage sagged really hard. Maybe thats potentially the issue?

Changing the firmware to the most recent one also fixed my stuttering issues (im not sure which number it is though)

1 Like

Yea full charge. I think ill update the firmware but to which version?

On the bottom line in the terminal type faults and press enter

1 Like

Okay, I did that and it said no faults registered since startup

1 Like

updating to the latest firmware worked for me; but take that with a grain of salt

can you recreate the stuttering while the esc is plugged in? a fault might come up when that happens

1 Like

I only notice it when riding. I just updated the firmware and redid detection. Are you saying run it while plugged in to see if there is a fault?

1 Like

yep. I don’t imagine it showing up when the fault hasnt happened since the esc started up

2 Likes

so I ran it for a couple seconds and nothing showed up. I think the firmware will solve it. Also what is startup boost, its says it gives more of a punch at the beginning so i raised it to .02

1 Like

Anyone know what this could be?
Going through set up as a noob, I cant get past this issue with multiple(4-5) tries at full reset(fw/motor wizard/input wizard).

When I very slowly apply throttle on the bench, 1 wheel loses power and spins super slow. Opposite wheel does it in reverse.
5.1 FW fsesc4.20+ hoyt puck
Any input is very much appreciated!

1 Like

I need a quick bit of help before I pass out in bed.

Is my Hoyt supposed to have a light come up when I plug it to charge??

Edit: stupid cable is dead
Double edit: cable is fine, block is dead

2 Likes

Should have lights on yes

1 Like

Yeah wasn’t even the cable. Charging block apparently crapped out

are you getting any fault codes?

1 Like

In the “Debug console”? If so, then yes, a few random ones throughout multiple attempts at full set up.
Weird instances where it says my firmware isn’t up to date and can’t perform task, in which a disconnect and reconnect fix the issue

Tried this…i guess i need a bigger hammer

I cant get at the nuts on the back of the wheel because of the adapter.

My advice is to start riding your rpk loose.
People often don’t realize that unscrewing a bit the bushings will make a big difference in controlling the board

2 Likes

I guess I could do this on the front truck to test out. Thanks

1 Like