Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I don’t know off the top of my head, and don’t have one that’s not inside a skate, but if I had to guess…

black is ground
red is +5V
white/yellow are Tx and Rx (if it doesn’t work, swap them)

that might work?

2 Likes

Cheers. If the 5v and ground are wrong will it stuff it up? I know g usually black a 5v red but not always

No guarantees; but if it was mine, I would try that without fretting. You can always wait for someone else to weigh in :rofl:

1 Like

Does no company offer titanium 8mm bore motor pulley? Both 12 and 15 width.

1 Like

Compared to steel, they wear out, so nothing more than a gimmick

2 Likes

The only advantage titanium has over most steels is its weight, most steels are actually much harder than titanium and thus wear out less quick. It also doesn’t rust of course, and you can colour it through oxidizing it.

4 Likes

Where can I buy inserts and screws / washers to hold my enclosure on. I have several missing.

Local hardware store?

What enclosure and deck are we talking about? Most hardware stores should have various lengths m4 bolts.

Thanks for the info @Athrx and @Minimadness

1 Like

For anyone interested, BKB got back to me on pin order for their Bluetooth module. It’s:
White= RX
Red= TX
Yellow= ground
Black= 3.3V

9 Likes

What the fuck

12 Likes

What the fuck

12 Likes

I wouldve spent a week trying to figure that out

4 Likes

Glad it wasn’t just me then haha.

4 Likes

What??? Who tf picked those colors

3 Likes

That pinout would actually screw over the most experienced builders because its almost standard to have red as 5v/3.3v and black as ground

6 Likes

how do i initiate the motor detection. i know that foc does it automatically with one click, but where do i find the option for bldc?

Any idea where to get charge port covers for an ownboard c1s?
Fells like they’re easy to get - i just can’t figure out which term to google.
Silly me…

It’s the button I labeled “2” on the image

3 Likes

Anyone know the size/number for the screw that attached the motor mount to the motor on the LaCroix Jaws?