Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Thanks everyone for the help with my previous question!

Another battery question here…

I have a prebuilt 10s4p battery + BMS. If I bought another pack the same as this one, and used an XT60 parallel connector (2 male 1 female connection) to run them both to the ESC, would this basically be the same as 10s8p?

Would each battery having their own BMS be an issue? Should I charge them both through their own charge ports, or by charging one will it also charge the other?

yes, and let me quote Brian’s reply

1 Like

are you no longer measuring belt tension in hertz?

twang

2 Likes

Do you prefer 16/40 or 18/40 for gear ratio?

Ok venom…seems my only option…thank for your insight…appreciate it!

1 Like

Homies help homies, always. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Yeah brother good form…yewww

That was for using dual chargers in parallel.

Connecting two batteries in parallel should be 100% fine

as long as

when you connect them together, they are both at the same charge level. (Easiest way to do this is to charge them both to a green light first using the same charger)

1 Like

Are there cheaper similar non Trampa decks with similar shape? With this angled endings and NOT completely round endings?

And also same capacity and voltage! Basically the same modell, if that’s not trivial.

Capacity doesn’t have to be matched if they are wired parallel, but series/voltage most definitely does

1 Like

So are you saying they must be disconnected before charging?

What would be a good charging setup for these 2 batteries connected in parallel?

Depends on where you live, there is @EboardSolutions that have a mountain board deck +enclosure for 175 euros if I am not mistaken.

If you are in the US just buy a MBS and do some surgery to get the tip and tail profile you want. A mbs deck isnt super expensive and you might get lucky if you check your local classifieds for a used board. Look for mbs matrix 2 trucks, the old one can be a pain to find mounts for.

To answer your question

To me knowledge, no. I might be wrong though. Someone care to chime in?

Shit. I meant to say Tang, the drink of astronauts.

1 Like

Can vesc be used for any motor or are there any limitations?

I am trying to control a small motor that can handle 6V but I cant get it to work. I can run the FOC detection but the R,L and flux linkage measured are completely different from the motor data sheet. Using the values in the data sheet or the ones measured both results in the motor not spinning properly. It just makes a weird noice and then nothing else happens. Any idea why this is happening? I am limiting the current to 0,35A since that is the rated current of the motor but maybe this is the wrong way to do it?

What I’m using:
FSESC4.20
Lab power supply
BLDC motor with 3 hall sensors (no temperature connection), rated current 0,35A

1 Like

how do people make sharp turns
which foot do they do the turning on and how is this done
also what foot positions do people use

1 Like

also would a 7 inch inner tube fit in a 6 inch tire?

Why are inrunners so uncommon to see on builds? Is it there lack of availability, high price, and issue of heat? Or do they not play nicely with Vesc’s?

Most say that you should get used to leaning forward while riding to help counter speed wobbles and such, but I would also assume that most run their rear trucks stiffer than the front, so the closer you are to the front of the board comfortably, the better.
As for making tighter turns, you might be able to get a tighter turn through better balance, or just get double kingpins, board straps, and call it a day…

But I don’t have those, so more confidence in my own balance is key for me

1 Like

yeah have a way stiffer abck then front and still learning balance on the front foot

just making sue i was doing something normal and proper