Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

i would be dead scared to have my receiver outside of my enclosure U.u
I have to think about this, maybe there’s some simple design to find

Isn’t there a way of getting an anthena wire that could sneak out instead ? i only have a pcb anthena

1 Like

Are you sure you weren’t creating cold sparks?

That’s likely why you have signal issues. Don’t have any metal or carbon fiber between the radio receiver and the remote for best results.

no idea, it was big yellowish sparks, and from the smell of it all nothing was looking cold to me ahahah but i’m a newby when it comes to those kinf of tooling

I know what u mean, but tiny piece of Velcro™ and tape should hold it for a short trip, just don’t get it wet.

i dont think there is a way to extend the antenna of vx2 receiver without some indepth modification.

oh, yeah, i forgot to mention the carbon fiber infused sides of the box…

1 Like

carefull with this one, you could summon some british seller

3 Likes

replace this with just regular ABS plastic or fiberglass and see if the result is better first, that’s most likely the main issue for ur signal problem.

im trying to avoid getting my ass sued :rofl:

3 Likes

sounds legit, and sounds like the simplest fix, but this box was looking damn fine ahahahah

anyway, everything would be worth it, when the remote stoped responding on a fast lane at rush hour it scared the shit out of me, thanks god it was just like 1,5s

Exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote that lmao. Did you try the dremel test yet?

2 Likes

not yet, just gathering some ideas first, as im trying to source different supply of Ti screws before starting my mini experiment to see which one is the real deal

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a valid way to test but you can check density by seeing what volume of water it offsets and what it weighs looks like Ti is about 4.5g/cm^3 whereas steel is 7.8g/cm^3. Also can always tell if something has iron in it or steel by using a magnet, if non magnetic at least means it isn’t some kind of iron or steel.

5 Likes

yea, while searching online, i’ve also seen this testing method suggested by other people, but sadly i don’t have accurate liquid measuring equipment (whatever that tube thing is called) at home or work :joy:

I will see what I can come up with after I source a few supplies.
i don’t even have scratch tool / grinder / dremel…etc :shushing_face:

1 Like

You can try to grow a colorful oxide film using electricity and a weak acid solution (soda like Coke works well due to the phosphoric acid content). Titanium will, but aluminum won’t.

2 Likes

im sorry, but i don’t under what u said :joy:
is it some kind of chemical reaction or something? I won’t have the tool to do that

Take your “titanium” part, clean it down to shiny bare metal, then attach a wire to it. Dunk it in some soda, and dip another wire in the soda, not touching the part.

Apply some voltage across the two wires (you have an esk8 battery, right? use that.), with the positive end going to the titanium piece. See if it changes colors like the chart above.

3 Likes

so…create a close circuit using soda with the titanium thing attached to the V+ wire? and see if there is colour change? if it has, then its real titanium?

hope i understand this correctly, working with battery isn’t really my thing :joy:

1 Like

Yes, pretty much.

Then should you really be building an esk8 with a very powerful battery pack that can ruin your day if it is mistreated? Just saying.

1 Like

I ordered what I though was 12 awg wire, but the diameter of wire appears to be smaller than 14 awg and definitely smaller than 12 awg on my unity. See photos. Did I order wrong wire?

is it the inner diameter thats smaller or outer? companies will used differently sized insulation but the strand count is the same, i think

1 Like