Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

i have nooo idea, the pack is from my prebuilt. It has 230.4Wh

I can get the same with an equal pack using LG cells although with more sag

1 Like

2p is just pushing the cells to hard it will work but massive volt drop and a useing the cells to hard will reduce the life span brakes would be awful.
3p is compromised
4p is balanced

If you want some figures to show why
Dule 50mm motors are 46-50A eatch total 92-100A
30Q is 15/20A spec tho some say it’s good up to 30A. 2p 40-60A
2P at 1/2 duty cycle you max out your battry max

You seem to know the answer but don’t want to believe it. If 3p10s li-ion is to big then use better power density compound such as Lipo

4 Likes

Well yea I see why bigger pack or more P is needed, tho motor amps will likely be limited too (this is a low power build).

Another option is packing 10s2p Molicel p42a, should be enough for torque.

Specific of this build is also no regen brake at all so no cycle of quick charge / discharge, will ease the life of cells but cost some range.

1 Like

My vx2 remote got some connection issues when i go to high interference places (in addition to my connected metr and my massive esc dissipator)
Is there a simple way to boost the reception?

is there a non-destructive way to test if something is titanium? I can test it using seawater but that would take days to weeks, so im trying to find better ways to get it done.

1 Like

More obvious would be try to scratch it to see if it’s aluminium/soft aliage , and then try to weight it to see if it’s steel

1 Like

I don’t have any similar size steel screw to compare with, but those Ti screws I got are super light. What should I use to try scratch the Ti? just with anything? Keys / screwdriver…etc? I’ve never done something like this before.

Want to buy a Bluetooth module any recommendations links USA I have an Apple phone iOS thanks guys :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

cool thanks, hopefully I got what I paid for :eyes:

you could buy some Moh’s hardness picks and see what it scratches at. unless theres some coating, it should scratch at level 6. Where did you buy from?

**oop nvm lol what flasher said sounds better

jerryrigeverything much? lol :rofl:

Aliexpress, that’s why I need to test them.

3 Likes

bump please

really ? i’ve done some aluminium cutting with a dremel, and there was so freaking much sparks i was scared my living room would catch fire.
(it was composite though)

any CF or metal surrounding the receiver?

1 Like

yes, it’s on an esc box inbetween of two aluminium plates

any chance u can have the receiver in direct line of sight with remote to eliminate the possibility of interference by those metal? cable length might be an issue

1 Like

Are you sure those are

:question: How sure are you? If that’s max lean, that doesn’t look like a 50° baseplate to me, but idk

2 Likes

I would do single 6380 before I went dual 50xx on that.

1 Like

Pretty damn sure. Only thing i know i need is some proper washers for the bushings now. These ones seem to touch the hanger if i force it more than that. Even bent some on the 95a double barrels

2 Likes