Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yea maybe moving your feet together will allow you to put more weight onto a lean. Might sound stupid but maybe just install the front of the freeboard bindings thing

1 Like

They’re all on back order now :sob:. We’re you referring to the trucks with adjustable base plates?

No I got a set of the fixed angles without axles a little while back, you can @ him and see what he has?

1 Like

@Boardnamics What kinda trucks do you have in stock atm? :eyes:

In theory, shortening the hangers does not decrease the turning radius.

However, in practice, it makes the board much more nimble and responsive.

I’d recommend shortening the hangers. Or at least the front hanger.

1 Like

Nada, not possible without risking eating the asphalt

This is coincidentally as far as the board would turn, even with bushings loosened all the way

3 Likes

Yo, maybe asking this here instead of creating a new topic :

If I wanna make a 25-30kph cruise dual 50mm with lightweight in mind and circa 20km range, does a 10s2p Samsung 30q cut it? Or at least 3p?

And decent torque for a 74kg person. No dragster torque, something soft but strong for hills.

3 Likes

Go for 3 P-groups, dude.
2P is always to weak after the first 50% of discharge.

6 Likes

I’d even go for a 2p or 3p p42a pack. Thats 60A or 90A discharge compared to 30A or 45A for the 30Q’s

3 Likes

You need roughly 20-25 amps to sustain your speed at 30km/h. More to accelerate to that speed in a reasonable time.

A 30Q cell when not overloaded (under 15A) will get you about 1km on urethane wheels assuming it’s in the correct pack with other cells. Definetly 3p, maybe even 12s for a decent 35km range
Orr go p42’s or 40T. Theoretically 130-140% of the capacity of a 30q but with 30-35A discharge each

2 Likes

30q’s at 15A sag like crazy lol. Pulling 60A from my 12s4p pack makes the vesc tool show even 27% battery on a fully charged pack

2 Likes

Hence why I suggested different cells, especially for lower p count packs.

I had the same when I pulled 120A from my 12s6p pack. They sure like to sag.

2 Likes

Damn you’re a brave noodle. I wouldn’t go near 20A/cell, it just feels wrong to see 0% on the remote and vescs when i know i just took it off the charger

2 Likes

I was racing someone uphill and gave it the full Jeremy Clarkson treatment. Pin the throttle and yell POWEEEEEEEEEER

5 Likes

Here’s 15A/cell sag. Full pack just 2km in. Intoxicating sound as well

4 Likes

Guys it’s not for me :joy: I don’t seek a racing dragster !

The ESC will never see more than 20-30a peak given it’s a push rig too. Leg work.

@Athrx ah crap that’s more consumption than I thought ! Ok what about 8S4P then. No need for 30km range and no need for more than 30kmh absolute top speed either. With some gearing could do the trick ?

3 Likes

At 8s you enter availability issues. Need high kv motors, need esc that won’t melt the mosfets due to the very low resistance, 8s bms, 8s charger…
10s2p 21700 cells will make you happy

5 Likes

Thanks for the input :fire:

2 Likes

Well i can get 27km out of a 2 year old 10s2p panasonic 6.4Ah pack with my 100kg fatass.

Although with hubs.

20-23km/h average.

If you increase speed but decrease weight i’m sure you can get there. I’d still recommend a 3p just to have some room.

3 Likes

Well that’s plenty enough room already ! Which Panasonic model you using?

1 Like