Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I’m running a single on bldc and now it seems to run fine, but i hope something isn’t wrong

1 Like

Howcome trampa has their 75V VESC set-up like this, with 3 XT90/battery inputs and phase leads for 3 motors??

Who’s gonna run a 3 motor set-up with 3 different batteries??

1 Like

Looong grain rice. It’s more pinchy when you throw it at people

1 Like

I’m more of a japonica rice person.

2 Likes

It’s one motor.
Basically instead of using one ridiculously thick wire that is rated to run cold at 300A indefinitely and in any environment, it uses 3 xt90’s with the right wires (12awg i think)
Same thing for the phase wires. It’s just each phase with 3 bullets each

Imo they missed the esk8 market with that one. A smaller 75v esc would be nice from trampa.
But then again there’s a 100v one coming…

5 Likes

it’s a single Vesc. The triple connectors are just there for current handling

4 Likes

great for efoils tho ^^

2 Likes

this is interesting, so you would hook up just 1/3 of each phase into your motor if you were using this? and how about the battery? I still don’t get why it’s got 3 X90’s lol, sorry

2 Likes

Very, very geographically limited

3 Likes

no. This is meant for high power motors. You’re gonna need the 3 wires for each phase to distribute all that current.

more current. You’re not gonna push 300A through one XT90 lol

2 Likes

Hook up 3 3755200C lipos that can do crazy amps each, slap one big chunky motor on the other side modified to triple phase each wire and press the throttle while you realised you forgot to screw the motor on anything and it’s already down the neighborhood roundabout

5 Likes

How many amps can the stormcore handle? That thing’s up to 100V and set-up like all our other esk8 VESCs.

:joy: :joy: :joy: YAZZZZ

2 Likes

Also there are 3 of each because using 300A rated single connectors and cables are very big and difficult to work with. 3 “smaller” cables and connectors are much more flexible

1 Like

This isn’t esk8 related, but how do you get the lighter color title under your user name. Like @Simeon says “Regular”
Sorry if this isn’t the place for this, just thought it would be the ultimate noob question…

1 Like

Title. Given by mods/admins mostly. You get “regular” as default when you reach level 3 on here. It still has to be selected in profile settings though

4 Likes

I think that’s a question for stormcore devs. It can push pretty much any esk8-made motor pair as far as i see.
Only the 100S (unreleased) is up to 100V. 100D is 75/300 architecture but a bit less amps i assume. 60D is your regular v6.x esc

What size belts do I need with a 15T motor pulley, a 66T slave/wheel pulley? I’m using boardnamics motor mounts that have a center distance of 90mm. https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/ says 401.2mm but I would like to use the idler if possible. what length should I expect to add to that to get a proper belt size?

Get some sort of telemetry going I’m a big fan of metr.at bluetooth module/app for gathering data can get a lot of info on your ride and see control input vs esc and motor response as well as voltage dips or any faults along the way. Some random guesses, the control link could be not great so receiver signal or power is dipping out occasionally or could be the esc is over temp and thermal throttling, hard to say anything definitive without the telemetry data though.

Is the center distance adjustable?
Does the idler have a minimum distance it can be mounted or it can go all the way out basically?
405 if the idler is able to be almost out of the way or 410 for a bendy belt

Also keep in mind that the large wheel pulley may interfere with the idler

1 Like

Center distance is not adjustable. This is the amount the idler can move, which is a fair bit.

I’m aware the idler might not work with the wheel pulley, Zach had those issues too but I’d like to use it if I can. So my options are405/410 with the idler, or 400 without it and have a pretty tight belt.