Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

His only weakness being a cardboard box :joy:

4 Likes

Pros for tkp vs rkp

1 Like

Weaknesses are human. Everybody has a weakness.
I thought his only real weakness are apple devices. Brian loves them to death.

3 Likes

It depends on setups, but we tend to say TKP are better for 30km/h and below boards as they are more carvy. But some people ride them up to 50km/h so it just depends really.
RKP are def less carvy though

i hope i just didn’t mix everything up lol

4 Likes

TKP are definitely much carvier. I love this set up if I’m staying under 30mph. God I fucking love TKPs. They’re super comfortable and just so fun. I find myself dancing whenever I ride TKPs

RKP are intuitive for me. I forgot the explanation as to why, but in my experience they’ve all been much much more stable at high speeds 30mph+. They’re also very comfortable and fun. I find myself clenching my butt cheeks whenever I ride RKPs since I’m probably headed for ~36mph lol.

I love them both

@PixelatedPolyeurthan oh. :eyes: I really hope I just didn’t straight lie to the guy lmao :joy:

4 Likes

No one saw my nija edit, okay?
Thanks @Jujo

4 Likes

lmao so we both don’t know

3 Likes

Sweet that definitely clears it up. So is tkp more stable then dkp?

2 Likes

I hate the looseness of evolve trucks

1 Like

Fuck me man, I’ve owned literally all of them. I hope I should know by now :joy:

1 Like

nah i verfied, you are right @Jujo

1 Like

NO! you cant say that…depends on your setup and bushings and truck angles and so on…look: Every downhill pro rides RKP!
Why? With speeds up to 100kmh. Are they unstable? NO!

1 Like

Speed and stability

1 Like

yes

dkp tend to be weird af, are a nightmare to adjust to your liking, and make you higher off the ground for no real benefit unless you like pumping and carving

3 Likes

DKP is not that stable, you are right. Then standard TKP are more stable then.

4 Likes

sorry miss read that…i read RKP not DKP sorry dood

3 Likes

You’re a disgrace and I hope you know that

3 Likes

Technically no, but realistically, YES.

Also, I’d like to add — this isn’t like you have to choose one. I have a board with DKP on the front and RKP on the rear, and I love the way it rides. I do not like DKP on the rear trucks at all. But on the front I can dig it.

There can be a benefit: drop-through decks. But mostly no.

6 Likes

Lads with hummie decks: how big of a wheel set do you need before the “nose” no longer hits the ground when you lay the board on a wall?

Specifically rkp trucks in the 150-155mm range of tyres, would it scrape the floor or stay 100% on the 2 front wheels upright?

A litle bit of help wiring up this old 10s Bestech d596b would be appreciated.

1. Solder battery negativ to B-

2. Here’s where I get a bit confused. Never had a bms with positive wire go to a bms… Currently my battery pack has balance wires from right to left. Starts with 0-4.2-8.4 … up to fully charge 42v…
    But from diagrams found online, it seems that for the last pin (11) should be positive wire from last cell group (+42v)…?

So should I wire it from first cell 4.2 up to 42 and for the last pin (11) wire positive to it?

1. P- to load neg.

2. C- charger neg.

Ok. Couldn’t upload pics or share links but the bms is bestech hcx d596b 10s charge and discharge on different port.

Appreciate your help :slight_smile: