Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I see, interesting for sure. Why not just make them all GX-16 or something that can handle it

You can buy the chargers with a multitude of different connectors on them already from the factory

Edit: are they all DIY boards, do you know that they can all take 7A?

2 Likes

mix of DIY, Lacroix, and Metroboard X

I guarantee you they all have different ports lol

Off the top of my head, Lacroix is a large two or 3 pin plug, the metro board is barrel, and I bet the DIY are XT because it’s easiest

Probably just adapters is easier. Also the Lacroix will probably be able to charge at the highest rate just based on what the default chargers are

has LP-20.

adapter for similar borrow a charger reasons:

6 Likes

That’s a neat adapter, did you DIY that?

yes.

2 Likes

slick - I just made a XT60 to GX-16 adapter a few weeks ago so I could charge my new board with my old charger, but I made it the boring way just using cable lol

3 Likes

This has probably been asked a million times… There shouldn’t be any issue running the same firmware on 2x V6 ESCs and 2x V4 ESCs all connected via canbus for 4wd, such as 2x focbox and 2x TBv6 right? I just probably won’t be able to write new settings with metr or something?

the 3 pin version?

1 Like

2 pin. (not the best shot)

available from @DRI

5 Likes

No, I don’t think so. That’s only 1% high, within acceptable error margins.

2 Likes

So umm…not a noob question, but rather a noob tip…
“Always double check wires are going to the right places”

Who the idiot who inverted his motor wires for coolness points, but forgot to do the same with hallsensor wires?
Yeah this idiot right here :man_facepalming:

Just realised this after 2 days…I had already sealed the case holes. So motor wires will look less cool :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Hi,

I Build an electric skateboard with dual hub motors. Everything was working fine for a few days untill I started noticing vibrations that gotten worse in de spend of the day when I kept riding it home. Now the vibrations are really bad and some times the wheel cannot keep up to the other because of the vibrations.

Even when disconnecting the phase wires and just pushing the board or riding it with one wheel the motor keeps vibrating at random times. At verry high speeds it sometimes stops vibrating. Also when im not standing on the board and just let the motor spin freely to motors seems to work perfect with no vibrations at all…

I opened the motor up, bell seems alright and all magnets are tight and on the right place. Also checked the wires inside the motor and everything seems to be ok. I really dont understand why it’s vibrating this badly… Hopefully someone can help me, it would be really appreciated. I was having a lot of fun riding it but it didnt even last 3 days !

2 Likes

You check the bearings?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the bearings because they seem fine when I take the shells of the motor. I tried spinning them and they feel very smooth. Thanks for yout input tho! Sometimes I get the feeling it’s vibrating/scratching but im not sure since it only happens when im standing on the board riding. Haven’t found a way to trigger the problem on the bench

1 Like

Have you checked the bolts that secure the hub motor to the trucks?

1 Like

That does look hot…

This is my current profile.

12s1p lipo / 10s4p 30q
Dual V6 neobox
6374 190kv Flipshit (newest)
72/15
8 inch pneumatics

this was me riding up my local castle and boosting up a very steep hill with 50km/h.

2 Likes

Yes, I tried them really tight and also a bit looser, that didn’t change anything. I noticed the urathane has a bit of a give. So some vibration might be comming of that but the high frequancy vibration seems to be something else. I’ll try to make some pictures and videos tomorrow

Yeah ok. FYI the bolts holding the motor axle definitely need to be tight with threadlocker so if you’ve loosened them you’ll need to reapply threadlocker. You don’t want the axle coming free!!

Maybe check that the can can’t pull away from the stator, easiest to that when mounted.