Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

solid effort for :poop: DIY!!!

1 Like

I’m not done yet! It will be less :poop: once i’m done!

2 Likes

only way to improve that is to direct solder the phase leads together

1 Like

What’s with the phase leads? they just shorting there? or am i misunderstanding?

1 Like

Well no but actually yes.

This is the background. I haven’t touched the board since i killed the neoboxes. Currently 12:30pm and after 3 weeks i started touching the board again.

As long as the neoboxes are in repair i’m going back to the 4.12, so i’m trying to figure out i laid them out before or make it slightly more efficient than before.

They are just sitting there to test fit. Nothing cleaned up, heatshrinked etc.

I may even desolder the wires complete and just replace them with longer ones instead of that extension

1 Like

that’s my point Fess… and about 31.5" between spliced bullets…

1 Like

They all have the same length. The difference is in the way they are laid out (inner and outer wires)

What cheap board companies have a USA distributor? I need split enclosures, Backfire looks like my only option rn, $70 something for a pair of cheap plastic enclosures feels a little steep? Meepo and Wowgo are like $40-$50 which seems fair but like 2 months to ship

That’s an acid based flux rather than a rosin based flux.

That shit is designed for copper pipes, not electronics. Way too aggressive for delicate work, and needs to be cleaned off thoroughly before use to prevent future corrosion.

@maxmayer that’s not the stuff you should be using. You want a rosin based flux.

3 Likes

Ownboard ships pretty fast

1 Like

Maybe try this?

https://www.polycase.com/

1 Like

have you looked at TourqueBoards?

I bought a cheep ABS 10s3p enclosure from Dex and it was like 9 bux on-sale…

1 Like

Is it really that strong? I thought it was 2mm vacuum form stuff

But ESC and battery is $50 shipped, no pads or hardware I think

the flanges (where the bolts go thru) on the enclosure is crap… but I printed in ABS stiffner plates, and glued them on, since then It’s offered 100s of miles of trouble free service…

Huh, I guess that’s not to bad then

1 Like

When i get the motivation I’m going to use this as a buck to make a fiberglass enclosure from it…

2 Likes

K00k i’m gonna need some k00ky stickers get sent out with my shirt bro

3 Likes

La k00k or k00ks R us… or the whole variety pack…

4 Likes

Ohhhh nice! //end derail of noob thread

1 Like

What enclosure is that? All the ones listed have a hole or are shorter

Is it the 12s2p and you patched it?

1 Like