Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Thats actually not true. Historically professional cyclist raced on as narrow tyres as possible, but lately it has been shown that there is (resistance) watts to be saved with wider tyres, if they are supple. See https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/ for further info.

Oh, thats not usually the problem I have. If I dont pay attention, the solder will just bleed up the braid and make it pretty useless.

Get you some liquid flux, problem solved.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2333K5/?coliid=I3HHVLMWYIR9YH&colid=GE8XNR75HEA2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2 Likes

?

1 Like

That should work, might also be a good to use a wide chisel tip if you have one

we never stop learning, till the great dirt nap…

read, study, think, and ask insightful questions when you’re unsure…

6 Likes

Whats the sensor connector called on the motors/needed for the vesc? I need an extension cable.

Yo what’s up with the severe skin burns warning

My flux pen doesn’t hurt my fingers at all. Obviously I don’t intend to purposefully put it on there but now and again some will get on there. It’s really sticky and annoying but like not burning

1 Like

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=vesc+sensor+cable

1 Like

anyone got a pointer to the differences between focbox 1.6 and 1.7. my search fu failed me on multiple runs at it.

also what versions were on the market? was it vesc-x, then focbox 1.6 then 1.7 ?

1 Like

Running two 10s4p batteries parallel to make 10s8p.

My question is charging. Should I use one charge port connected to both batteries with a JST RCY to charge them both simultaneously?

Yo…what did that link do with my google.

After getting to the results it changed the location of the results to Germany again. (I’ve set it to US since the german results are useless trash)

+now i have that on my google page which i didn’t have before??

You cuuursed me.

*edit: i fixed it. That basically reset my google preferences wtf

3 Likes

On a side note.

Is it fair to assume that different length phase wires are no problem?

My master would have about 5-7cm less phasewire per phase compared to the slave

Each wheel is it’s own complete system so not really.
It could be a problem if phase wires on the same esc were different lengths, but even that would need some decent differences to start throwing some faults at you

2 Likes

Erm… what the hell do ya feed a jumping spider? It’s smaller than a fingernail, clingy fucker too

1 Like

Got it. Its just the layout that makes an extension obsolete for the master.

Other than that it uses the same stock phase wires. Just the slave has a 5-7cm extension per phase wire.

1 Like

Put extensions on the master too and pull some of the wires in the enclosure lol. Makes it look symmetrical at least

Usually you feed them flies. Fruit flies or goldflies.

I had some 1 or 2 years ago.

1 Like

version 1.7 fixed the canbus problem that happened if can cable connected but only one Box of FOC was powered

other ??s I dunno

3 Likes

Nothing of the non-flying versions?

Crickets work?

Who left them to me on vacation told me to pick specific ones from the box, for the spider and the rest for a tarantula but they’re all equally hell to catch to me. Think i’ll just hoover a few in a new filter bag…

1 Like

that’s how they are laid out. Bottom is master with the shorter path.

there are special fruit flies that cannot fly. I used a straw, taped a nylon sock you get free from the stores to it and sucked them in, held the ending shut, opened the box and blew them in.

Crickets probably but they need to be L1 so very small ones depending on the size of the jumping spider

The easiest way to feed tarantulas crickets is to seperate the needed amount in a different container like a glass or a tube with 1 opening. That way you don’t throw the whole box in it.

If you get goldflies for example you can put the box in the fridge for 3-5 minutes and they will basically shut down/ get knocked out for a few moments for you to seperate what you need and throw them to the spider.

2 Likes