Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

You can. I’ve seen skateboard companies do it for waterproofing. It sucks trying to remove it though.

1 Like

Waterproofing is not part of my problem. I’ll be using sugru on every single hole I made once I’m certain everything is in the right place and that it works.

1 Like

Namely evolve and we all know hoelw watertight the gen2 boards were…

Then hot glue is fine :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Ha. They didn’t really try and “waterproof” it. They merely just did a mold and forgot about it.

Yes…absolutely forgot about it.

1 Like

Yup, i use hotglue too. I’ve ridden my board through rain you can’t imagine. No Waterdamage.

1 Like

Since I know myself to ride no matter the weather conditions, I wouldn’t trust all my hardwork done to an expensive esc on simple hot glue :joy: I’m gonna be using sugru for my phase wires to keep em watertight and flexible. Might as use a bit to make the switch look as clean on the inside as out

Yesyesyes :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::100::100::100:

1 Like

Better safe than sorry.

I use hotglue because i’m cheap and don’t want to spend money on something i don’t have, since hotglue works so far.

But since yours is more than a generic chinese esc i would go the better route

1 Like

I use waterproof tape and silicone. Cheaper option right there.

Well like I said, I want to use something thatll give a bit of rigidity to it. Sugru will be applied after. The switch is in a part of the case where they combined layers of plastic and rubber. So the rubber part of it makes me a bit uneasy about it

This is a 450$ esc…not the time for me to be cheap (that was last build which still costs few grands)

1 Like

That’s almost as expensive as buying two tramp vescs. What is it?

1 Like

Stormcore 60D

2 Likes

Nice. Unfortunately sold out though…

1 Like

@Leon Until later this month. They’re about to start full production sales soon. I got the first unit of the hype sale they made recently

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably get one when my maker x esc stops working.

@bollen @kook
Well he told me I should not worry about it, since "they are designed to avoid shorts ".

I don’t know if it’s a mistake or not, but I’m not happy being told that it’s normal when it’s obviously not.

I will probably have to solder a female end on my Unity or make an adapter as some suggested. I am definitely not ever touching this battery soldering.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I’ve seen worse :cowboy_hat_face:

I was considering this lol I emailed them and they didn’t respond

Did you point out the fact that it’s the other connector that’s “designed to avoid shorts”? Also who is this idiot builder?

3 Likes