Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

n00B alert: Can’t get pressfit pully’s to fit…what am i doing wrong?

ignore the first bit, that piece i know is to fit th e bolt-on pully…bu the second bit…i though those metal poles would fit snuggly inside the wheel without the need for bolts

Odd question but how do I find out my kv rating on my motors? Because the company I got them from didn’t really explain anything…

What even is 110*65 motors?

I know its a 1600w motor though. Just not the kv.

Don’t those come with those plastic fitters? Perhaps use those to fit the pulley.

1 Like

these white things? There much shorter than the entire length of the pully…maybe this isn’t them? this is what i bought https://nexusboards.co.uk/collections/catalogue/products/kegel-wheel-pulley-kit

and they don’t fit around the pully-poles

Once i attached the bolt on the end it pulls them together so there’s no rattle/wobble. I guess this is waht youre supposed to do with them

Those specific pulleys have pins that are 5.0mm⌀ instead of 5.5mm⌀

That’s why I don’t use them

Try putting heatshrink on the pins.

4 Likes

Damn, wish I’d known. Trying not to ask about everything single thing I come across here, maybe I just should lol. Heatshrink is a great idea, not long-lasting a solution, but at lest I’ve got tons of the stuff already.

While I’m here, have you come across a good guide or example for setting up the drive train, Including when to use glue to secure various screws, which direction to face the motors etc. I’ve got dickyho mount, so if there’s one that uses them then all the better.

…but why would you not make them .5mm larger?! the mind boggles! (Plus that kinda defeats their easy-use as press-fit)

Good question. But If you’re looking for guides for gear drive, you should search it out on the forum. I had to do a lot of research and unfortunately found a dead forum before knowing this existed.

There should be one that you can find.

2 Likes

Not gears, just looking for an example installing dickyho drive train. Will just trawl the forum I guess. Thanks

Which way is correct

1. image

Or

?

3 Likes

Not much of an importance. Whichever way fits well with your belt alignment but still allows you to tighten the screw

4 Likes

#1 is the answer.

4 Likes

@BillGordon I’ve done a bit of research. Some of our own builders and vendors put them the other way

2 Likes

Longevity wise, #1 is better because there’s less moment arm on the motor shaft. However, you can run it whatever way works - on my BKB motors, #1 wasn’t even possible to tighten the screws so I had to buy setscrews

3 Likes

I haven’t seen that much, actually. Less stress on the shaft/bearings with the collar on the outside. I like to get my belt as close to the mount as possible.

3 Likes

@BillGordon Possibly. For me, if those were the kind of pulley I was using, I think I’d have no choice to put as #2. The space between my mount and my wheel pulley is pretty big and theres already bigger spacers on it than originally

1 Like

What settings would you recommend for a 12S4P of P42A moliciels on a Unity ?