Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Are you riding on the surface of the sun? Your temp readings are insane.

3 Likes

Motors didn’t even feel warm to the touch :rage:

1 Like

What are your battery cutoff settings?

Dude at 80 degrees the electronics of the ESC are taking permanent damage

1 Like

looks like error on temp reading, unless its actually 80+C then u should not be riding it

I’m almost certain the readings are off. Doesn’t even feel warm to the touch

1 Like

1 Like

That’s the ESC temp, not the motor temp. My AT board has motors colder than the tires and the ESC has to throttle because the FETs are cooking

4 Likes

You want one tab to the right

2 Likes

And I wouldn’t do that much regen.

1 Like

Gotcha. ESC temp is in Fahrenheit. 80°F isn’t bad

1 Like

1 Like

I mean 180c is bonkers. if the ESCs are that hot they are f’d. so they are likely off.

but if the reading is that far off and it’s the vescs reading… it will have shut you down.

As @ZachTetra says ESC temps are separate from motor temps. you probably aren’t feeling the ESCs temps…

1 Like

80°F for the ESC isn’t bad.

180°C for the motor would be absolutely irrepairable like you said, but they didn’t even feel warm to the touch. I am almost certain the reading is off, but I don’t know why or how to fix it

What battery percentage did you start ride on? Must have been fumes if your video is correct.

1 Like

That’s another weird thing. I started with about 60%, drained it to about 50%. Turned off the board and stuck it in my car and drove home (Wasn’t hot in the car). Got home and rode it a little bit and app was saying 0%. Again, this is a 12S8P battery. Plugged it in for like an hour and a half, still saying 0%.

1 Like

What BMS? It might just be fucked. Check the connection there just in case.

right i mixed up motor and esc in your screen shot. why is one saying F and the other C? I bet they’re both in F and motor is mislabled. so your motor hitting 82c…

that’s the beginning of thermal throttling with default settings… and in the range of throwing faults if you have the dreaded temperature sensor noise issues. however if you have unity firmware it has a motor temp throttling flag that disables it and is usually disabled.

Tried changing between Celsius and Fahrenheit and this is what happened. Weird!

so negative numbers usually mean no temp sensor. :). but jumping from a large positive to another random negative means software weirdness.

“have you tried turning it off and on again?”