Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

+1 for @glyphiks suggestion to search.

https://www.aluminumspacers.com make and sell a range of spacers

I can definitely pull together some default mountain murder packages to choose from. The old “shove off a cliff” is hot right now, so are the “his brakes just failed” packages.

4 Likes

I’m just looking for a good offroad deck. Got most of the rest. But failed brakes package does sound intriguing :joy:

How do you figure out the efficiency of motors for the calculator? Have a pair of TB 6380 190kv

@Taraskasyanyuk
Trial and error. It determines the real life speed you can reach. Weight, setup, tires, road quality are just some examples of factors that change that efficiency number up or down

1 Like

Have you thought about stealing somebody’s Kaly and stripping it? Usually Kaly riders can be distracted by shiney new channel trucks. Toss a pair in the road and when they go to check it out, steal the board.

I just rode a kaly around the block after replacing the motor controllers. I’m probably going to tell my customer it caught fire and i had to throw it away so i can keep it.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I wish. Don’t forget I live in Montreal, city of “the cross”

Isn’t that Lacroix country? Oh never mind, you probably won’t be able to fit that in your trunk.

2 Likes

Well wife has an SUV :thinking::joy:
Makes me think of a funny one. There’s a guy here who bought a backpack to carry a spare board…problem is his main is a Lonestar. Like why would you need a spare? Why do you think you can carry a Lonestar on your back?

1 Like

You don’t, you just hook the motors onto the tail of your other board and tow that chunky bastard

I have an alt bag and i went to colorado with it. I was riding my Witchblade, carrying my Carvon in the bag… and hidden deeper in the bag was my ArcBoard penny.

I can’t imagine needing a spare board for a lonestar. I feel like the ESCs would wear out before the battery cycled.

4 Likes

Lots of good reviews, and a pricetag that doesn’t seem like it’s off by an order of magnitude?

Okay, I’ll start looking then thanks

MMMmmmm kaly boards

ernesto makes a great machsheen!!!

1 Like

yeah yeah. I mean they’re awesome and I really like riding them and ernesto is cool but lets not get carried away.

3 Likes

Hc05 needs to be flashed with authentic hm10 fw to work considering it doesn’t work with recent vesc fw It’s hardly with the effort. See DRI for his kickass nrf52 module.

2 Likes

I just entered my setup numbers into the calc. 3.1 ratio and 18.548132nm torque. Is this any good?

1 Like

Was there yet an even smaller one packed away somewhere? I think you should go full Russian nesting doll next time.

2 Likes

I’ll bet he had a uni-cycle in his pocket and one of those powered push-sticks covertly packed as well…