Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Time for another stupid question. Just started playing with my mbs hubs…noticed this

Do I need some sort of spacer between the bearing and the axle like they have for trampa hubs?

…? Is the axle a different diameter than the bearing? That looks like a 10 mm bearing

1 Like

@ShutterShock couldn’t honestly tell you. It’s the bearings that were on em when I received em at Christmas

Edit: probably, just saw they’re trampa bearings

6001rs is not for 8mm axle

4 Likes

What’s the correct bearing for this?

Also each axle has a spacer, a speed ring and a rubber washer. Probably obvious to most but what order and position do I put the wheel and spacers in?

I rode wooden bearings so it will work no matter what you do

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean you should :joy:

1 Like

My 608zz abec bearings don’t fit the axle :disappointed_relieved:

Get some calipers and do some googling for the numbers you find

Yup…yup… calipers…don’t have em

Bruh

2 Likes

If I had means of measuring, I wouldn’t be asking stupid questions :wink: I had calipers but my kids got into my tools and broke em

sell the kids, buy new calipers

3 Likes

So…since you’re American and only 20, you are technically a kid. How much should I accept to sell you at?

I’m probably worth 7/13ths of a Lonestar

1 Like

So I should accept around 4/16th

That sounds about right

Any recommended Venom bushings to reduce speed wobbles on 50 degree Calliber trucks? Riptide aren’t easily available here in the U.K, a good selection of Venom are at least stocked by Skatepro.uk, so am looking to get them

I’d guess something with a 10mm ID. The ones in it are 12mm, and too big. If 8mm is too small to fit the axles, then the axles are probably 10mm by process of elimination.

In that case, you want 16100-2rs bearings.

Dunno about the rubber washer, but the spacer goes between the bearings (inside the wheel), and the speed ring usually goes on the axle between the hanger and the innermost bearing.

3 Likes