Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I’ve seen spacers used between the wheel and the truck.

not sure why some trucks have the much wider axel space. easier way to get more width? or some wheels are wider? i’ve wondered.

2 Likes

Yeah you need to add spacers. Probably half inch or so. These extended axles are great. Makes it so you can use pulleys with bearings in them, wider wheels, or make it so you have more room for motors.

3 Likes

ive never heard of pully’s with bearings, what’s the benefit of that?
and where the heck do i find 1/2 inch spacers?

1 Like

I just used a single bearing spacer and a couple of M8 washers. You can use “speed washers” as well.

1 Like

I got some 0.25x0.5" nylon spacers at home depot for one build, for another I printed some, for the most recent I had pulleys with bearings (the @Boardnamics pressfit ones) and used three normal washers to take up the rest of the space.

The bearings in the pulleys make them stronger, especially for pressfit ones. It makes it so that the press part of the pressfit doesn’t just rely on how hard you pressed it into the wheel. The bearing helps keep it in place and support it more firmly.

1 Like

ah right, so youve really got to DIY a solution. Odd there aren’t any spacers specifically made.
thanks for the info =D

2 Likes

There are definitely spacers specifically made.

spacer

3 Likes

For now that is

1 Like

yeah

you figured it out

3 Likes

Ofcourse you did

2 Likes

Ugh…idiot sold the board before even checking shipping costs for me. FAKKK…
Thoughts on an mbs comp 94 deck?
It’s currently my next best option :confused:

2 Likes

I like it. The comp 90 was too short for me.

1 Like

It seems to be the stock version mbs sells on their website. So deck is 94, with ats12 trucks and five-star hubs.

What’s the difference between fivestar and rockstar hubs?

Fivestar are a bit wider and can take a 9" tire.

2 Likes

tell him your thoughts on the ATS12 trucks…

2 Likes

Do they have the same bolt pattern?

I know all about his broken truck. But I’ve said it before. It was my secret santa gift, so I’ll build with them

3 Likes

@kook we both know I had help. I’m grateful for it.

I have a set of ATS trucks that I’ll build with and break at some point as well…

but man the castings on those trucks is super sketch

1 Like

I know man :joy: I’ve got the raw version. No paint hiding all the sketchyness

1 Like

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

every single flaw is quite visible… it’s a little sketch when you think about it…

bit if you don’t think about it nothing will go wrong…

1 Like