Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

No. You’ll overheat the magnets, they’ll lose some of their strength, which will result in lower efficiency, which means more heat, which means more loss of strength, which means more heat, round and round until you don’t have motors anymore, just hunks of junk.

That’s not to say they aren’t hunks of junk to begin with, because let’s face it, they are. Massive overheating at 25A is hilarious.

Throw them away and get some proper NON HUB motors.

3 Likes

thanks for the confidence , now how do i get them to work with out issue as its getting very embaresing going so slow with a helmet and cars rushing past

what are some decent hub motors ? they may techs are slow and can only take 20a down

There. Are. NO. Decent. Hub. Motors.

Say it with me.

THERE ARE NO DECENT HUB MOTORS.

7 Likes

Regular motors are literally cheaper than hub motors dude.

what temp should i aim for on my rspec hubs ? as removing the start seems to out of the question and im at 24a now are you suggesting i further bump this down ? ( would make me very sad)
also a small thought do you tink regardless of the settings the motors will over heat unless it goes like 25kmh ?

@mikEEE

Please just go with advice people gave you, when you asked for it. Also, please make use of the edit function - this is not a WhatsApp chat, but a forum which we all try to keep organized and clean.
Thanks

4 Likes

Anything without gear reduction is going to be more prone to overheating. DD slightly less than Hubs due to the motor being exposed to open air. Depending on the DD, also just being larger and able to handle more amps by design.

2 Likes

When you do FOC detection up it from 5a to 10a

1 Like

If you want to use sensors, you will continue to have sensor problems. They are the most fragile part of a BLDC motor. The sooner you give them up, the sooner you will be skating instead of repairing things :+1:

10 Likes

@mikEEE Actually, yes, if you set them really high we can be done with this. The whole Raptor hub motor will go away once the magnets are junked and you can stop trying to put makeup on turds.

Also, I’m not sure if you got this memo :arrow_down:

8 Likes

We’ve told you they have unfixable design flaws but you continue to ask the same questions. When you ask the same questions, we give you the same answers. Asking again doesn’t magically change the answer to something you want it to be.

The Raptor hub motors are dog shit. You are experiencing the exact reason why they are dog shit, being told they are dog shit, and continuing to ask what setting you can change does not change the fact that the motors are dog shit.

10 Likes

So, just use sensorless and leave them unconnected? You can do it like this right?

lmao well that considered should i pump my bad boys back to 30a on both sides ?

Those are rookie numbers. 80A per side.

5 Likes

If you set each side to 15A battery max you will probably get more performance from them

2 Likes

fuk it 120 do or die mofukaaa

You’ll get one AMAZING quarter mile, then they catch fire.

5 Likes

Yes, leave the sensors disconnected. They only provide information that allows torque to be applied at exactly 0.00km/h. Even a tiny hip flick can get you rolling to 0.01km/h which is enough for it to drive unsensored.

1 Like

but you know what …