Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Top: chisels
Bottom: chisels that fit into an older type of screwdriver handle. I assume they had a special handle at some point with a steel rod through it to transfer impacts. Just use them as they are really, that handle is unobtanium by now

1 Like

so just to confirm the consis is setting them to 30a on both is not much different then 24 as they are fuked from the gate , and i might as well set it to 120 because its that or 15kmh and still running hot

Is it normal that BLDC sounds more quiet than FOC? It does sound “better” in my ears for sure…

Normally FOC is quieter.

3 Likes

Left pin and the metal housing are connected to ground. Right pin is the 5v. Nothing else usable

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n

7 Likes

Aww man, I miss BLDC mode so much :sob:

more power :+1:
more noise :+1:
more speed :+1:
no HFI :-1:

6 Likes

Has anyone tried hfi on direct drives

My sensors have stopped working and the motor is acting really weird

When I throttle eon bench it’s fine but honestly I do it with load it just vibrates around and doesn’t move

I try to push start but they still don’t go

I don’t know…Ever since i tried FOC i never looked back. I easily hit 50km/h / 31fub with my single motor on tb110 and 56km/h / 35fub with my mtb(with spare throttle) both in foc.

So far there have been no real disadvantages for me.

2 Likes

ok so just to be clear ive set my motor so 120 c start/off 27 both sides and 20 bttry

1 Like

That’s a similiar plan to what I am trying with raptor hubs

Tell me how bad the over heating is

1 Like

oh shit ay wht do u got goin ?

1 Like

Nah just ordered the hubs from someone as I wanted to do some tests and work on them eitherway

If the over heating is to bad as those settings I will the to convert to a direct drive

Yes, I tried HFI on Carvon V3 Speeddrive and it was not pleasant

2 Likes

This is hard to understand because I don’t know if you’re referring to “motor amps” or “battery amps”. It’s very relevant.

You can still choose BLDC by sticking to 3.6* firmware and while my metr pro still works with it I don’t see the need to upgrade. Plus my makerx CHesc really doesn’t like V4,** Running your raptor Ii hubs sensorless is short term fix heat kills magnets. My direct drive board also had issues with ver 4.

motor , and i changed my thrtle curve start 120c start but my bored cut out for a few secconds right at the 120 point i believe at 27 a on eatch no throtling as expected

is thier a way i cen set my cut to 135c

thanks

1 Like

Ooh what happened?

Do direct drives need sensors basically?